Question Blacktip 12 AH Batteries ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Set up for a multi-hour dive with my cell phone in one case and my dive buddy’s in the other case. Wrapped the phones in aluminum foil to prevent them from getting toasted by the sun.

Made it from Datura Avenue to Pompano Pier (~3.5 miles) today in just under 166 minutes. Still had 120 bar left and another 30 minutes of battery but got a late start and ran out of daylight.

Going to try for a push past the ditch (Hillsborough Inlet) and all the Jeffery Epstein homes with their private beaches. Probably a 5 hour dive.

Had two protein shakes and two power bars. Only drank one shake today. Lesson learned….drink, drink, drink, then breathe and repeat. Can’t drink, breathe, drink, breathe….possibility to get it wrong goes up (at least for my simpleton mind). Still need to work out eating…I’m thinking it’s bite, drink, chew, swallow, breathe and repeat.

Water temp was 26*C / 77*F. 3mm was a little skimpy after a couple of hours. Wasn’t in any hurry to flush out my pee.

Like a total noob, I forgot to turn on my Garmin. Dive buddy didn’t let me gloss over that in the debrief. Next time.

12Ah batteries rock.

1638940303731.jpeg

The Travel shouldn’t need any weight at all for fresh water, with DeWalt 9 or 12 Ah batteries.
That is what I was told...remove both plates in the nose cone for freshwater

BT arrived last week... Still no batteries.

Guess I will work on pimping it out like everyone else does while I wait.

Literally got my blacktip today and beginning the battery hunt…
I am evaluating the ability of shipping custom packs down into MX, Namely Cozumel, Tulum, Cancun ETC. They cannot be shipped by standard hazmat shipping from US to MX because of how FedEx and UPS are set up. I am seeing the feasibility of shipping via 023 Interline into Cancun and then everyone in that area can sort it out and pick up their batteries from that airport. It's not cheap but it is better than not getting them at all...

I did manage to find some 12ah 220V and should have them next week. I go back and forth between the US and Mexico frequently so bringing them shouldn't be a challenge but with flying you never know.

I did manage to find some 12ah 220V and should have them next week. I go back and forth between the US and Mexico frequently so bringing them shouldn't be a challenge but with flying you never know.
Yeah unfortunately flying with big boy batteries is not really an option. Unless it’s 023 interline freight. But I may also be working on a user replaceable cell style pack for the BT…

well poop... your comment gave me pause and I just realized that I can't fly with the batteries I just ordered lol. Looks like I need. to look at shipping with UPS or something.

well poop... your comment gave me pause and I just realized that I can't fly with the batteries I just ordered lol. Looks like I need. to look at shipping with UPS or something.
You can fly with the Dewalt 9 and 12ah packs so long as you have the Red Caps installed, and if needed grab some paperwork showing that they ARE less than 100wh per unit when the separator caps are installed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom