Black water and manta dive pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband and I did the manta night dive on 5/22. There were 11 mantas. We captured some video, and you can really see how close they get to you! This dive was one of the single most incredible experiences of my life.

Big Island divers does them. First you do the manta dive then back to the dock to drop off everyone else and then the black water divers headout.

I did a black water dive in April with Jack's and it was so amazing! It is something that I would definately do again! It was so awesome...like being in outer space!

great video! brings back memories. So cool to look straight into their bodies!

the black water dive sounds scarey.

I have got to try that! Thanks for sharing the video--incredible!!

elenion:
My husband and I did the manta night dive on 5/22. There were 11 mantas. We captured some video, and you can really see how close they get to you! This dive was one of the single most incredible experiences of my life.
Elenion,

Thanks for sharing that video clip. Amazing!

In the last seconds of the video there are some lights on what look like... rocks? Was this a shallow water manta dive? If so, how deep were you and where was the dive?

No matter how badly I want to see a manta up close, the thought of hanging in pitch darkness over a 7000-foot drop (tethered or not) scares the heck out of me.

Manta dive and 7000' dive are 2 differnt dives, You don't have to do both.

KiiY:
Elenion,

Thanks for sharing that video clip. Amazing!

In the last seconds of the video there are some lights on what look like... rocks? Was this a shallow water manta dive? If so, how deep were you and where was the dive?

No matter how badly I want to see a manta up close, the thought of hanging in pitch darkness over a 7000-foot drop (tethered or not) scares the heck out of me.

Sounds a bit like trolling for fish, doesn't it? Live bait?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom