Black water and manta dive pics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
ABout this big and it happens after having a dive cut short before your finished. Only happens to guys.....

:11: ...:2tongue: ...:wink:

The chains are about 6 inches and the little jellies are about 2 inches tall. They live in deep water and ascend to the surface an night to feed.

Cool! thanks :wink:

Matt should be along soon to add names for me, unless he is out dong another blackwater dive...

And a few more!

Come on, your names were much better, very graphicaly descriptive, stick 'em in there. Where is the invasion from outer space? How about Kathy's Manta shot?

Awesome pics!

I agree with Redrover, I like your names better too. LOL

The long ribbon animal is a Venus Girddle, everything else is a salp.

Wildcard, after having been on this dive, my quote at the bottom next to my name should make a little more sense to you.

Veeeery cool photos!

Just curious, if those critters live in deep water and come up at night, does that mean you were pretty far out to sea? How deep were you and how deep was the bottom?

I've never done a night dive, and am sort of intimidated by the thought... but I really want to see a manta one day!

It was about 7000 feet of water. On the Big Isle you can get there is a few miles, like 5. Most places here it's much further to get to deep water. And yes, they come up at night.

Great pics!

I haven't done the black water but I did the manta dive twice in the past couple weeks. Tons of mantas showed up, and for those of you who haven't done it, if you think the mantas are close in those pictures, they are generally inches above you if they aren't rubbing against you. You constantly get these big pressure waves pushing you around like surge except it's caused by mantas cruising over you. It's an incredible experience.

Can't wait to try a black water dive!

Back
Top Bottom