biuld an HID light from Technisub VEGA 2, posible ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasha

Reaction score
Hello!

first of all I was just looking for a way to biuld a HID light and
i was very inpressed from the $43 Helios Clone project
it looks great.

I was thinking wheather i could do something with my old VEGA 2 light, i so someone put it on a diverite canister and it works great, is it posible to convert the lamp system into a HID ???

If yes how do i find the parts ?
where can i get them CHEAP ?
how much ?
if i put this body on the canister how big can this light be (10w/20w)
i dont have alot og knolege on this stuff, if you could be spesific.

Batz
somewere in the red sea.:confused:

Shasha,
I think you may have things a little mixed up. When we talk about HID lights...we are talking about a type of Bulb . The light you have is a Quartz Halogen light. It would be like mixing apples and Oranges. The Bulb and Ballast are the heart of the HID light system and there is no converting Halogen to HID. To hook your light up to a canister would be destroying one type of light to make another. If you want a cannister Halogen light or a Cannister HID light then you should buy or make that type of light and keep your present light intact to sell or use as a backup.

There are many board members that have these lights and maybe they can give you more info.

Back
Top Bottom