Closed Dive Rite 24W HID Canister light

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bcolcla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive Rite 24W HID Wreck Canister Light. I purchased this light new ~ 10 years ago, and to this day it was the best scuba gear purchase I've ever made. Diving in the murky PNW I always had the brightest light to cut through the pea soup. Unfortunately, I've changed my gear configuration and my new setup requires a "right angle" gland for proper cord routing.

In 2018 I purchased a new battery and charger ($160) because my burn time had started to drop off, it is now back up to four hours again. The reflector has a slight imperfection, but otherwise the light is in excellent shape. I've also got an extra canister O-ring. The light has never flooded or had any issues. I estimate it has ~ 175 dives.

Available for local pickup in Portland, OR for $250. I'm also happy to ship it (it should fit in a medium size flat rate USPS box for $15).

Note - the light came with a fancy storage box, that I can not seem to find. If I do track it down, I'll include it (if desired), but the cost to ship it will be higher. Maybe I put it in the attic...

Brian

General details:

The igniter is located on the head creating a high-performance light in a sleek and compact package.
The 12V, 9Ah (108Wh) NiMH battery offers an approximate burn time of four hours while delivering a strong, crisp white light with 6500 degree Kelvin color temperature and 1,300 lumens of power. Depth rated to 400 feet (121m), the H24 comes standard with a Goodman handmount. The H24 canister holds the battery pack and ballast and is formed from polyvinyl chloride pipe (PVC). Coupled with its round shape and PVC construction the canister is indestructible even under extreme pressures. The canister lid houses the on/off switch inside a switch guard to prevent accidental on/off. A compression o-ring seal keeps water from entering the canister and locking latches prevent unintentional opening of the lid. A webbing loop allows for mounting of the canister to standard 2-inch webbing waist straps. Includes NiMH charger.

IMG_7303 (2).jpg
IMG_7299.jpg
IMG_7302.jpg
IMG_7298.jpg

Hi Brian

I'm interested in your light. Do you still have it? Just let me know.

Many thanks,

Matt

Dive Rite 24W HID Wreck Canister Light. I purchased this light new ~ 10 years ago, and to this day it was the best scuba gear purchase I've ever made. Diving in the murky PNW I always had the brightest light to cut through the pea soup. Unfortunately, I've changed my gear configuration and my new setup requires a "right angle" gland for proper cord routing.

In 2018 I purchased a new battery and charger ($160) because my burn time had started to drop off, it is now back up to four hours again. The reflector has a slight imperfection, but otherwise the light is in excellent shape. I've also got an extra canister O-ring. The light has never flooded or had any issues. I estimate it has ~ 175 dives.

Available for local pickup in Portland, OR for $250. I'm also happy to ship it (it should fit in a medium size flat rate USPS box for $15).

Note - the light came with a fancy storage box, that I can not seem to find. If I do track it down, I'll include it (if desired), but the cost to ship it will be higher. Maybe I put it in the attic...

Brian

General details:

The igniter is located on the head creating a high-performance light in a sleek and compact package.
The 12V, 9Ah (108Wh) NiMH battery offers an approximate burn time of four hours while delivering a strong, crisp white light with 6500 degree Kelvin color temperature and 1,300 lumens of power. Depth rated to 400 feet (121m), the H24 comes standard with a Goodman handmount. The H24 canister holds the battery pack and ballast and is formed from polyvinyl chloride pipe (PVC). Coupled with its round shape and PVC construction the canister is indestructible even under extreme pressures. The canister lid houses the on/off switch inside a switch guard to prevent accidental on/off. A compression o-ring seal keeps water from entering the canister and locking latches prevent unintentional opening of the lid. A webbing loop allows for mounting of the canister to standard 2-inch webbing waist straps. Includes NiMH charger.

View attachment 615891 View attachment 615892 View attachment 615893 View attachment 615894

Hi Matt,

Yes, I do. I'll send you a pm.

Thanks,
Brian

Back
Top Bottom