Biggest steel tank avialble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
But, most divers aren't walking with the double and stage bottles.

:light:

I KNEW I was doing something wrong....

PerroneFord:
:light:

I KNEW I was doing something wrong....

LOL~~~ No. I might not be in shape or too much worry about my back. I would like to make my wife happy for a long time. :wink:

It sounds like Bob is ok with the same setup... :D He must be a military diver... LOL~~

dannobee:
Why the heck did you need that much air, Bob?? Last time you were here you used less air than a smoking triathlete lab rat. You could probably stay under for a week with those.
Getting in practice for a class I'm taking ... next up is diving with both deco bottles (an AL80 and AL40) clipped together. But I've got to wait for my bigger wing to arrive ... I discovered last week that my Evolve 40 just ain't big enough for that many tanks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hoosier:
It sounds like Bob is ok with the same setup... :D He must be a military diver... LOL~~
LOL indeed ... I'm a fifty-four year old fat guy ... but a very determined one ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I seen two seperate people that have had twin worthington 119's HP, and another man with twin 120's who was a tech diver. The other guys I'm not so sure about.

NWGratefulDiver:
Beuchat/Heiser makes a 190 ... but I don't know why anyone would want to actually dive one. The thing weighs about 90 lbs, and is something like 46 lbs negative when empty.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
The OMS 100 pound wing would actually have a use with a pair of them.

NWGratefulDiver:
Getting in practice for a class I'm taking ... next up is diving with both deco bottles (an AL80 and AL40) clipped together. But I've got to wait for my bigger wing to arrive ... I discovered last week that my Evolve 40 just ain't big enough for that many tanks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Did you actually try out the Evolve and find that it wasn't enough, or just do some calculations? It seems like it ought to have enough lift on the surface for doubles + 2 stages.

limeyx:
Did you actually try out the Evolve and find that it wasn't enough, or just do some calculations? It seems like it ought to have enough lift on the surface for doubles + 2 stages.

I have 40 and 60lb onee. I feel that 40lb isn't enough for the heavy steel double (specially 8 inch dia. ones) with a stage at the surface, even on a calm lake environment.

limeyx:
With 3500 psi in my doubles, and a full AL80, I had to keep a reg in my mouth while surface swimming.

That's about as low as I'm comfortable with ... well, actually, that's a little too low. I don't want to add the second bottle till I've got my bigger wing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
With 3500 psi in my doubles, and a full AL80, I had to keep a reg in my mouth while surface swimming.

That's about as low as I'm comfortable with ... well, actually, that's a little too low. I don't want to add the second bottle till I've got my bigger wing.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Interesting. I have been looking at the Evolve, but the 60 is a monster so I was gonna go with the 40.

For sure you dont want to have to keep a reg in the mouth while swimming, but I find that the explorer 40 just seems to set me low in the water independent of the lift it gives me.

Guess I'm gona have to borrow some wings before shelling out the $$$

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom