Biggest steel tank avialble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunkarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
what is the biggest steel tank for scuba diving nowadays?

thanks

REII:
HP130's.

TOM
Nope. Faber makes a HP149. It is the same size externally as the LP120s. PST had a version as well.

Then of course you can get into 300bar tanks. . .

sunkarm:
what is the biggest steel tank for scuba diving nowadays?

thanks

105's are common. There are some bigger ones but if you want more volume than a steel 105 then you should consider twinning. A steel 2x12 (170cf) lays as well or better than a 105 does. A single tank that big would be unmanageable.

R..

Beuchat/Heiser makes a 190 ... but I don't know why anyone would want to actually dive one. The thing weighs about 90 lbs, and is something like 46 lbs negative when empty.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yea, I think it's the Heser, unless you want to start strapping Taylor Wharton's to your back.

REII:
Holy cow, HP149? What is the weight of that thing filled?

I've gotta check that out.

TOM
According to the TDL tank spec page: http://www.nitroxdiver.com/Tank-Specs.htm

The FX-149 weighs 46.9lbs empty. Then add roughly 1lb for every 13cf of air and you get a little over 58lbs when it is full.

According to the TDL page, the Heiser that NWGratefulDiver mentioned weighs 87lbs empty (over 101lbs full) and is 62lbs negative when full. Now I know what those 94lb OMS wings are for. . .

xiSkiGuy:
According to the TDL tank spec page: http://www.nitroxdiver.com/Tank-Specs.htm

The FX-149 weighs 46.9lbs empty. Then add roughly 1lb for every 13cf of air and you get a little over 58lbs when it is full.

According to the TDL page, the Heiser that NWGratefulDiver mentioned weighs 87lbs empty (over 101lbs full) and is 62lbs negative when full. Now I know what those 94lb OMS wings are for. . .

Thanks for the link Jeff. All I can say is that's a lot of air!

TOM

Back
Top Bottom