Biggest steel tank avialble

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Is there a macho guy who doubled up 149 tanks?

Come on~~~:wink:

The buoyancy characteristics on the 121s is very nice for warmer waters, even better than the 108s I like so much. Closer to the LP85s. The only issue is whether I really want to carry around the extra 12 pounds over the 108's weight, on the surface .

PerroneFord:
The buoyancy characteristics on the 121s is very nice for warmer waters, even better than the 108s I like so much. Closer to the LP85s. The only issue is whether I really want to carry around the extra 12 pounds over the 108's weight, on the surface .

Oh~~ really. I didn't know that. However, I don't think my back can handle its weight and length on the ground and there is no reason to ruin the back. Maybe, to get RB is much smarter move.....:wink:

The weight of two 121s is actually less than the 104/108 with a stage bottle.

This is a pretty common configuration for a number of people. Not saying it's not heavy, but it's not as far outside the realm of possibility that some people seem to think it is.

Carrying a set of doubles, a 80 of 50% and a 40 of 100% is actually pretty common from what I've seen, at least among trimix divers, and those at Adv Nitrox or above.

PerroneFord:
Carrying a set of doubles, a 80 of 50% and a 40 of 100% is actually pretty common from what I've seen, at least among trimix divers, and those at Adv Nitrox or above.

But, most divers aren't walking with the double and stage bottles. I also bring the 40 or 80 with 130 cfs. depending on the diving plan, but I used to bring out the deco bottles at the shore or deck first and put it in water. Once I loaded 119s with 40 deco bottle and needed to walk on 75ft ramp. It wasn't fun at all....

size matters.

tank_display.jpg

hoosier:
Once I loaded 119s with 40 deco bottle and needed to walk on 75ft ramp. It wasn't fun at all....
I did that last night with the same configuration ... except it was a bit more than 75 feet, and on a rocky beach ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
I did that last night with the same configuration ... except it was a bit more than 75 feet, and on a rocky beach ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Why the heck did you need that much air, Bob?? Last time you were here you used less air than a smoking triathlete lab rat. You could probably stay under for a week with those.

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yeah.... You are the man! :wink:

Maybe, he needs more air for his buddies or students..... Good instructor!

dannobee:
Why the heck did you need that much air, Bob?? Last time you were here you used less air than a smoking triathlete lab rat. You could probably stay under for a week with those.

Maybe he needed to stay down for 2 weeks this time :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom