BIG Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any lobster that size is...
A: Consuming far more of the local resources than it's "normal" share.
B: Has had plenty of time to put it's genes out to ensure the continuation of the species.

That lobster needs to get dead. Dead with some butter would be nice... I have had big lobster before and except for a thicker shell and sometimes more water inside the shell, I have never had one that was not just as tasty as it's little brothers...

yes that is a bog lobster,,, the biggest Ive seen... although my grandfather can tell stories when he used to commercial fish for them where the pots where too small and their legs would break off in the meshes, but he said it wasnt worth catching them coz nobody would buy them they soo big.. 30+ lbs... and thats when lobsters where selling for 60cents a pound in the 60's....LOL insane... but you dont find many more of them these days.. although it would be nice... :)

We caught and ate this one in Cozumel and it was yummy. This one had to die because when Tim grabbed him, it grabbed back. It caught the meat of Tim's palm/thumb in a vise grip between it's mandibles, and left quite the bruise. When they are really big, the legs are the best! We'd come back from a dive and I'd steam all the legs while the guys were sorting the dive gear and we'd eat them on the dock. I never let them throw the heads away because they make great soup.

21451916-M.jpg

holy langosta!

freefall2:
We caught and ate this one in Cozumel ...
21451916-M.jpg
Now that's a big bug, and a fair picture. The first picture isn't fair, 'cause they're using that old trick you see in fishing mags a lot, where you hold the prey way out to give it a larger persecutive. Heck, this guy even held the smaller one way back, and that's cheating.
fulks.jpg

those antennas are strong! Try breaking it off from the body.. better wear gloves! For the best lobster go to Neptunes Treasure on Anegada, BVI. Reserve your dinner by 4:00pm on VHF CH16 if your a boatie.. or sooner just to make sure you'll get your lobster to eat.. They go fast b/c everyone else wants theirs.. :) They steam it, broil it, and butter it up lemon butter sauce and also give you a boat full of that sauce for dipping. Everything is served family style! I would know! YUMMMY!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom