BIG Lobster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ABQdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
20year old Lobster!! This is pretty cool, BIG lobster and guy let it go.......

fulks.jpg

Full story here!

Yep thats one big bug. Although I belive if you intent to return a bug to the water that you should do it as soon as possible. They are not suposed to be out in the air and doing so for too long can cause death. Also exposure to sunlight will cause them to go blind and blind bugs will not live long.

By the way if you think thats "really" big packhorse lobsters have been known to grow to over 15kgs (33lbs) !!! Anyone got a really big pot?

i've heard that big lobsters don't taste too good anyway

Bigger bugs can be eaten, just don't steam or boil them whole. Takes too long to cook all the way through, by the time the core is done the outer parts are way overdone.

Fillet the meat out of the shell. Cut it up & sautee it in butter & garlic. Or grill, broil or bake it. Just in small chunks so it all cooks quickly.

good to know, thanks!

Wayward Son:
Bigger bugs can be eaten, just don't steam or boil them whole. Takes too long to cook all the way through, by the time the core is done the outer parts are way overdone.

Fillet the meat out of the shell. Cut it up & sautee it in butter & garlic. Or grill, broil or bake it. Just in small chunks so it all cooks quickly.

That makes sense. I'm hungry now:D

I went hooping off my kayak for Ralph last night at La Jolla, in case he crawled out of the preserve. I think he would have tasted good in Lobster Enchiladas... :D Just kiddin, I might of re-released him... :14: Usually the bigger bugs are good in a recipe. It was rough conditions, I spoke to one free diver, he said he only released shorts, the Vis was terrible. The wind, swell, and chop got really bad, had to paddle in around 7:30 empty handed... Just glad I was with someone, and I landed safely!

Chris

I was reading about this on the diving section of a so-cal fishing forum. You should probably hear why it was out for so long. It almost didn't get a second chance. Check it out on www.bloodydecks.com Got a few SB'ers over there too. I see the familiar faces. FYI, bloodydecks is not moderated like this board, so if you are oversensitive please avert your eyes.

OMG thats a huge lobster.... i would like to go and get a few nice size lobsters... just don't know where to look. congrats on the lobster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom