My Bug Zapper Devise ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I've intimated previously just because you guys up there can't see it doesn't mean it can't be seen

1729459938893.png

I can see a bit of a gap, up the top there

Are your heads all half empty or half full

Sounds like a cattle prod
Hey HEY! No cattle prod that I've ever seen had a carbon fiber and Cherry Wood body with shiny Brass rings for visual enhancement! Besides, mine is twice as powerful as a cattle prod. It's for those really dumb critters.

And no, I don't have a patent or a commercial manufacturer because I have no plans to build one for anybody else. I could never trust this amount of power in anybodies hands except my own. lol

Hey HEY! No cattle prod that I've ever seen had a carbon fiber and Cherry Wood body with shiny Brass rings for visual enhancement! Besides, mine is twice as powerful as a cattle prod. It's for those really dumb critters.

And no, I don't have a patent or a commercial manufacturer because I have no plans to build one for anybody else. I could never trust this amount of power in anybodies hands except my own. lol
:useless:

Ok, here's mine.
bXVoZYQ.jpg

In the photo, the center core section fits partially inside of the carbon fiber tube. I have additional Brass rings for the probe section.
ieLT6vy.jpg

This is the handle. The button is still taped in place here but will be "machined" into the wood for a more cleaner look. The problem for me, is that I'm not a wood guy. My shop machinery, lathe, mill, radial drill presses, etc. are set up for machining metal or big blocks of plastic, not wood! It splinters! ARRGGHH!
aKaWSXD.jpg

One of the Tazer core chargers. These do not have the time limiter in them. They will not turn off after a pre set time and will keep going until it burns up, about two minutes. Higher supply voltage delivers a higher stun power but I'm sticking with lower power, a 3 volt Lipo. Sixty eight thousand volts is enough with me in control of the zap time up to two minutes. A few seconds break between zaps extends that to until the battery is dead.

Beautiful, ain't it?

Just so long as the Senior Fish and Wildlife officer is the one issuing you the citation and seizing your gear, you should be OK. Any other officer, not so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom