My Bug Zapper Devise ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can see it now: "What happened to him? He tried to grab my Lobster so I zapped him with my Bug Tazer. Now he won't stop twitching and drooling. It's disgusting".

Ok from an engineering standpoint. How do you prevent current bleed? I'm figuring the two electrodes are close together but they can't be touching so how do you prevent current bleed? After all, salt water can function as an Electrolyte. Have you tried it near any electronics?

Because when BS goes unchallenged it becomes accepted by some people as conventional wisdom.

Imagine if this kind of nonsense happened in the political arena --what a mess that would be!
You mean it’s not happening in the political arena already??!! :shakehead:

No pictures of anything. None of these things apparently actually exist.

Ok ok ok.... Truth time! I am also in the process of building a Bug Zapper....kind of. Currently, it's four feet long but will be cut to size after I get it completed. The zapper probes are actually rings that encircle the rod. That way, it's good for all angles. No matter which way it touches, the "Bug" will be zapped. There are six ring probes with a coverage of about twelve inches in length. The trigger is a button in the handle. The ZAP is supplied by two Tazer charger units. The bottom half is carbon fiber with Brass zapper rings. The top half is a nice varnished wood. The handle is what's called a Derby Handle.

It's not all together yet but I have test fired it. Ohmygosh it's impressive!!! It's looks like Christmas Tree and sounds like a very angry Rattlesnake! I'm thinking all I will have to do, is fire it off a few times and the "bugs" will just give up. I may have to put a safety over the trigger to keep from zapping myself when I'm walking around. It impressed me so it ought to cause some hesitation among the two legged Bugs. It's going to be my "going to town" walking cane when it's all finished.

The bad news is that it has some minor disadvatages. It knocks out radio recepetion within a hundred feet including cell phones. Some nearby cars with weak shielding around their computers (Like mine!) just quit running but they do start up again. It disrupts desk computers so bad they have to be rebooted. (Useful when you're at the Doctors office disputing a bill) Maybe the two Tazer cores are to much? Hmmm. I wonder what it will do underwater? Hmmm. A whole new world of possibilites!

Ok ok ok.... Truth time! I am also in the process of building a Bug Zapper....kind of. Currently, it's four feet long but will be cut to size after I get it completed. The zapper probes are actually rings that encircle the rod. That way, it's good for all angles. No matter which way it touches, the "Bug" will be zapped. There are six ring probes with a coverage of about twelve inches in length. The trigger is a button in the handle. The ZAP is supplied by two Tazer charger units. The bottom half is carbon fiber with Brass zapper rings. The top half is a nice varnished wood. The handle is what's called a Derby Handle.

It's not all together yet but I have test fired it. Ohmygosh it's impressive!!! It's looks like Christmas Tree and sounds like a very angry Rattlesnake! I'm thinking all I will have to do, is fire it off a few times and the "bugs" will just give up. I may have to put a safety over the trigger to keep from zapping myself when I'm walking around. It impressed me so it ought to cause some hesitation among the two legged Bugs. It's going to be my "going to town" walking cane when it's all finished.

The bad news is that it has some minor disadvatages. It knocks out radio recepetion within a hundred feet including cell phones. Some nearby cars with weak shielding around their computers (Like mine!) just quit running but they do start up again. It disrupts desk computers so bad they have to be rebooted. (Useful when you're at the Doctors office disputing a bill) Maybe the two Tazer cores are to much? Hmmm. I wonder what it will do underwater? Hmmm. A whole new world of possibilites!
But....do you have a patent and a commercial manufacturer? If not, it is just fantasyware.

Because when BS goes unchallenged it becomes accepted by some people as conventional wisdom.
Never a good idea to feed trolls. That’s what they live for.

My intentions have been met , now I must go on to the other side of life . Positive and negative energy do exist without the darkness there will be no eternal light . Have a nice day Rumdumb and little more nonsensical rhythmic mutton head food for thought .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom