Big fire in Roatan's West End last night.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bay Island Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
The spit of land dividing Half Moon Bay and West End Bay was the scene of a large fire last night. Lighthouse Restaurant and all the wooden homes there were burned to the ground.

Mavis and Dixie’s restaurant at Belvadere’s survived.

My condolences to all those who lost their homes and possessions. There will doubtless be a big fundraiser soon, so if you are in Roatan in the next few weeks please come and support any fundraising events you hear of.

Regards

Will

I am guessing Mavis and her kids took this pretty hard, Did the condo's that were build right on the shore survive? I can't say it would break my heart if they did not it they were built way to close to the water. So close that I might think someone had it out for them.

Nobody was hurt,

Anyone coming to the Bay Islands in the next week or two can help! If you have any old clothes sheets etc that can be donated to the five families that lost everything, they can be dropped off at Mavis and Dixies in Half Moon Bay.

In particular we need Ladies size 24 clothes.

There is a big fundraiser at Lands End Resort on Sunday 2 Sept 12.00-24.00. This is going to include an auction with some great lots including a seaplane tour, a dive rite dive computer, a day trip on a 38ft sailing catamaran to Cayos Cochinos (it can comfortably fit 15 people and would make an excellent day trip for a big group of divers on your no diving before flying friday, it is usually $60per person) It will be fantastic event whatever and well worth making the effort to visit.

Will, Jimmy here....one of your Pirate divers from the states..I am so saddened to hear about the fire, but happy to hear that there were no lives taken and no one was hurt...Tell all the gang I said hello, ask Gaye if she got the photos I sent her....let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom