Big Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totterfield

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
At the moment i have a regular mask nothing special, but i find it give me almost like tunnel vision, i`ve heard that the CRESSI BIG EYES mask are very good and give you gread vision. anyone have one or know anyone who has one??? if not do u know any other good masks that give you good vision like the big eyes??? cheers Tom

Everyone I have dived with who has one loves it. Most say the first dive is weird...way more vision than they are used to, but by the end of the second dive they are rapt. I guess I have dived with about 30 -40 people in the past six months who have one - i think that is quite a few people to not get any negative response from, IMHO.

Can't offer you any personal input - only what others have said :) on the boats/after dives.

I have a Big Eyes Horizon and I absolutely love it. The biggest difference with the Big Eyes is that you can see your gear...the lenses are angled down so that you can see your BC. The Horizon also has side windows for some added peripheral vision. I feel like I can see a lot more than with a traditional mask.

Peace,
Cathie

Look at the Deep Sea "OMNI" I really like it.
Low profile with great vision. Seals like a wet dart on window pane, and lower price than the "Big Eyes"

I'll see if I can find a link for you.

Omni Mask

Hallmac

I've dove with other masks - including Mares ESA, US Divers (with purge), US Divers (no purge), Dacor Sport (with purge), OCEANways CoralSea III (with purge). In my opinion there is no better mask on the market than the Cressi Big Eyes. This is entirely subjective of course. I've had mine for a year, it's been through a lot and still holding. Very comfortable, I'm often impressed with the fact that I forget until after a dive that's it's even on.

After a year owning a Horizon, there is nothing bad to say about it. As mentioned earlier, you can see your bc/eqipment. I absolutely love it!

It may just be the shape of my face but I dove a Big Eye and it leaked non stop. I ended up trading it for a tank of gas in Grand Cayman. Just my opinion.

Good Times.:D

G'day Tom
I have taken both masks to 150Ft

Before you buy a Cressi Big eyes try the new Mares XVision on your face. I found the XVision to be a much better mask in the following fields
Weight
Ease of adjustment
Field Vision
Equalization
Price

totterfield once bubbled...
Hi everyone,
At the moment i have a regular mask nothing special, but i find it give me almost like tunnel vision, i`ve heard that the CRESSI BIG EYES mask are very good and give you gread vision. anyone have one or know anyone who has one??? if not do u know any other good masks that give you good vision like the big eyes??? cheers Tom

Thanx for all the feedback, well i`ve decided that i`m gonna buy the Cressi Big eyes.. thanks everyone Tom

For reasons beyond me I appear to own four masks. The Big Eyes was the most expensive and is the one I use least (by far). When I'd have to loan a mask to one of my DM's they would not want to use it either. Many people find the shape makes them harder to clear, and the sides seem more prone to buckling and leaking (perhaps also due to their size) if the mask strap tension is not set just right. I know a number of people who've bought Big Eyes because the concept seemed great, and have either bought another mask or switched to an older one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom