Big Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

totterfield once bubbled...
...well i`ve decided that i`m gonna buy the Cressi Big eyes.. thanks everyone Tom
Sorry to keep this one going, but I've got the Horizon and I LOVE this mask. Great FOV, downward and otherwise. Like Diverbuoy said, sometimes you forget you're wearing a mask.

The silicone is nice and soft, and it seats very well on my face. I can move the thing around and it doesn't even leak. Also very low volume, so easy to clear and lightweight.

Cressi-Sub Horizon :thumb:

I used the Big Eyes on my last vacation dives in Mexico and St Thomas. It took some getting used to but, I loved the mask for it's fit and vision. Last month Mares sent me the new X-Vision to test and I was very skeptical.

To my surprise the X-Vision is just as good as the Big Eyes with the fit and field of vision, with even less volume. It is also lighter than the Cressi and costs less. In my book this is a keeper. I gave my big eyes to my son and kept the X-Vision for myself.

There is also a good review on the mask on the DiveOz Australian web site:

http://www.diveoz.com.au/gear_reviews/display_review.asp?rid=20

Both are great masks, but I have found my favorite.

:mean:

Big eyes is a great warm water mask. Teriffic field of view, terrific fit, and feel.

Then and cold water and thick gloves or drygloves and it all go's to the crapper.

The skirt is to flimsy to manipulate with my gloves in cold water!

Great warm water mask!

Your mileage may vary!

Dave

I was just notified that Tusa has introduced the Visualator, which follows in the path of the Cressi. This mask is a single lens mask with low profile and angled lens. Great vision, low profile and easy to clear. What else would you want?

Enjoy the ride

I dive with the Cressi Big Eyes, my father-in-law dives with the Horizon. I've used both of these masks and I have never had any problem with leaking, clearing, etc. I think they are just about the greatest thing since sliced bread. LeisurePro has both masks for under $45. =-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom