Best way to use finger spool as a jon line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadobadoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I assume the best way would be to attach the finger spool line to the ascent line the same way one attaches the finger spool line to the small ring at the end of the DSMB...by threading the entire spool through the second/larger loop in the line and then unspooling some line to get away from other divers during the safe t stop and then using the double ender clip to stop the line from continuing just like with the dsmb...? Does that work? Would the line be too tightly looped around the ascent line this way not allowing the diver to stay level in heavy current and surge during the stop?

I hope what I wrote is clear...???

Thanks in advance...:D

I persl. don't recommend using a spool line for a jon line,,,,thats why the jon is a vital pc. of o/w gear when diving. Spend a little $ and do it right. You really need something bigger.....and the jon line is much easier to use. Course you might go looking off a Gulf of Mexico rig....as I dropped one during a dive....it was a nice one to. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom