Best way to dry gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lenaxia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys,

I was wondering how you guys dried out your gear? In particular gloves and boots

Pieces like my gloves and boots tend to stay wet for a very long time, even if I hang them up. In fact my 7mm wetsuit dried faster than my boots and gloves.

Any suggestions?

Also have you guys found that hard water is bad for your gear? I live in a city with very hard water...

A big fan blowing air at the drying rack works well.

I wouldn't worry too much about water hardness. If you rinse your gear often, it means you dive it often and the diving which will wear it down way faster than the rinsing water.

I soak my things in a freshwater and soap mixture to get rid of saltchrystals after each day of diving, and I then hang it up in the boilerroom and turn on the 'de-moister' or whatever it's called in english, anyhow it's a machine that draws the moist out of the air and likewise the equipment.

Best regards.

I take some red Solo "keg cups", cut out the bottoms, and slide them into the openings of my gloves and boots to hold them open and allow air to get in. I usually hang my gear overnight in my garage and then move it into my basement with a dehumidifier running in the morning.

I take some red Solo "keg cups", cut out the bottoms, and slide them into the openings of my gloves and boots to hold them open and allow air to get in. I usually hang my gear overnight in my garage and then move it into my basement with a dehumidifier running in the morning.

That is a great suggestion! Never found the right thing to hold them open.

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you guys dried out your gear? In particular gloves and boots

Pieces like my gloves and boots tend to stay wet for a very long time, even if I hang them up. In fact my 7mm wetsuit dried faster than my boots and gloves.

Any suggestions?

Also have you guys found that hard water is bad for your gear? I live in a city with very hard water...

I use a boot dryer from Amazon that blows ambient air into the boots and then into the gloves. After drip drying it takes about 4 hours in the dryer.

Adam

There is an Underwater Kinetics hanger with four vertical and one horizontal prongs that you can drive a car over.

But take your gear off first.

Best thing I've bought, until the next.

I love ABBA but it sounds a bit cold for a visit.

Thanks for the tips guys, will look into it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom