Best value diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASDC Anilao(or whatever the shortcut was, 6000 php 3 dives a day including acommodation and food) or basically anywhere on the Phillipines were good value.

You can get 3 dives including transport (picking you up at your hotel, take you to the dive sites and drop you back to your hotel) & lunch in Bali for that much (6000 php pesos ~ $100). If you are interested, I can let you talk to my DM who has been taking me diving all over Bali in the past 15 years, as long as your diving trip in Bali ends by end of July, because in August I’ll be hiring him as a guide for my trip from Bali to Komodo on private yacht. Just send me DM (direct message) if you are interested. Don’t wait too long as he’ll be booked up by July as it is the busiest season in Bali.

For me, a good value is good UW life for low price. Better food or nicer rooms at extra costs have no value to me, unless any of it is horrendous. ASDC Anilao(or whatever the shortcut was, 6000 php 3 dives a day including acommodation and food) or basically anywhere on the Phillipines were good value. Ko Lanta was almost as good as Phillipines, but more expensive: The value was lower.

For a LoB, a good value would be price per dive comparable to land diving at the same/similar location plus the rest (food, sleep) on par with what I would pay on land. But I have never been to one.
If I have any information to share, I would use the open forum so everyone can see and even comment!!!

Puerto Galera in Philippines offers probably the most economical rate in diving because of the proximity of most of the sites. The boat only goes out for 1 dive(even with 1 customer) and then return to base. Accommodation(AC + hot water) is about P1,000.00 per day. Food is dirt cheap.

Room + 3 dives is US$95.00

LoB is a lot more expensive because of the travelling required to reach the destination.

If I have any information to share, I would use the open forum so everyone can see and even comment!!!

Puerto Galera in Philippines offers probably the most economical rate in diving because of the proximity of most of the sites. The boat only goes out for 1 dive(even with 1 customer) and then return to base. Accommodation(AC + hot water) is about P1,000.00 per day. Food is dirt cheap.

Room + 3 dives is US$95.00

LoB is a lot more expensive because of the travelling required to reach the destination.
This is the Indonesia Forum.

You ought to find out the actual meaning of "value for meaning". It is NOT entirely based on cost!!!!! Look it up.

According to them there are 71 boats and you know them all?

What is this got to do with what I said. All I did was sharing my experience with one liveaboard that is good value for my money. I don’t disagree about everybody’s value is different. Who cares about other boats that I have never been on.

You claim:
I have been on a few LoB which charged considerably a lot less than $250.00 per day. And on a few which charged a lot more!!!! All were winners as long as I enjoyed the trip which is NOT measurable in any form you can imagine.

I ask who they are and you just dodge around and crap all over my post with !!!! If you made such a claim, proof what you say. Walk the talk. Don’t give an empty claim. So I ask again: Who are they so I can verify?

This is the Indonesia Forum.
Worrying some divers might change their minds on coming to Indonesia!!! LOL.

OP raised the question on 'value for money" and gave Anilao in Philippines as an example. I merely pointed out that PG which is across the channel is even cheaper!!!
US$95.00 for a room and three dives and that is from an established operator.

What is this got to do with what I said. All I did was sharing my experience with one liveaboard that is good value for my money. I don’t disagree about everybody’s value is different. Who cares about other boats that I have never been on.

You claim:

I ask who they are and you just dodge around and crap all over my post with !!!! If you made such a claim, proof what you say. Walk the talk. Don’t give an empty claim. So I ask again: Who are they so I can verify?
LOL.
You now admitted that "value for money" is entirely based on individual opinion.
I crapped all over your post because you asked for it!!!
Much better VALUE than paying for LoB eg. White Manta.

I can live with that any time.

Live with it!!!!

There’s a reason why Komodo is more expensive than Philippines. Simple economy. Supply and demand. You will get what you pay for.

For a LoB, a good value would be price per dive comparable to land diving at the same/similar location plus the rest (food, sleep) on par with what I would pay on land. But I have never been to one.

You ought to check this one. There is no need to pay stupid money for something you can do without.

There’s a reason why Komodo is more expensive than Philippines. Simple economy. Supply and demand You will get what you pay for.
Read #40 again and again until you understood what the OP was saying.

I have been on a few LoB which charged considerably a lot less than $250.00 per day. And on a few which charged a lot more!!!! All were winners as long as I enjoyed the trip which is NOT measurable in any form you can imagine.

Still dodging my question, huh?

Give me the data. Who are they?

Still dodging my question, huh?

Give me the data. Who are they?
LOL.
I have been to a couple of LoB to Komodo and all of them were good value for money. And none of them charged US$250.00 per day(yrs ago).
Kneel down and I might give you a reply!

At least three boats are charging less than US$200.00 a day!!!!!
Mari($220.00), Jaya($114.00) and Queensia($161.00).

Bargain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom