Best value diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL.
I have been to a couple of LoB to Komodo and all of them were good value for money. And none of them charged US$250.00 per day(yrs ago).
Kneel down and I might give you a reply!

At least three boats are charging less than US$200.00 a day!!!!!
Mari($220.00), Jaya($114.00) and Queensia($161.00).

Bargain.
Now you gave me the data! Very good! You got that @Asanoth? Please share your experience here if you pick one of them.

Now you gave me the data! Very good! You got that @Asanoth? Please share your experience here if you pick one of them.
The info is readily available for anyone who are looking for "value for money"!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely no PM requires as there is nothing to hide and definitely no kick-back fore coming!!!! LOL.

Now I believe I made my ideas quite clear. Do you think we should focus on land based in Labuan Bajo, as opposed to LoB? We will look at both of course, trying to snatch some last minute deals for LoB at least, but still would like to listen to ideas.
Scuba junkie, land based, does seem rather expensive, even after substracting what I would pay in Labuan Bajo for acommodation and food it comes at 70 eur per dive. I have yet to make a proper research, after all I got a lot of jungle trekking to plan :D, but I do hope to find something more budget friendly.

The info is readily available for anyone who are looking for "value for money"!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely no PM requires as there is nothing to hide and definitely no kick-back fore coming!!!! LOL.

Hey, I don’t get kick back. All my friends here know it. Don’t spread misinformation. I don’t need the money. Last year I went to 13+ diving trips (Similan, Jupiter, Boynton Beach, Tiger Beach, Bimini, Jardines de La Reina, Cozumel, Bali, Moyo, Sangeang, Komodo, Saleh Bay, Sangalaki, Kakaban, Maratua, Cocos, Galapagos twice, Banda Sea, Raja Ampat & Malapascua), logging 300+ dives, and posting several trip reports & videos in SB. Do I look like someone who want to get measly kick back? I’m just trying to help other SB member and if they can find a better deal somewhere else, good for them & go ahead, take it. Like the following idiom: “You get what you pay for”.

You can actually check the price directly to my DM in Bali. His website is Aqua Cat Bali. See if you can get better deal than what I have offered. Again I don’t need a measly kick back.

Hey, I don’t get kick back. All my friends here know it. Don’t spread misinformation. I don’t need the money. Last year I went to 13+ diving trips (Similan, Jupiter, Boynton Beach, Tiger Beach, Bimini, Jardines de La Reina, Cozumel, Bali, Moyo, Sangeang, Komodo, Saleh Bay, Sangalaki, Kakaban, Maratua, Cocos, Galapagos twice, Banda Sea, Raja Ampat & Malapascua), logging 300+ dives, and posting several trip reports & videos in SB. Do I look like someone who want to get measly kick back? I’m just trying to help other SB member and if they can find a better deal somewhere else, good for them & go ahead, take it. Like the following idiom: “You get what you pay for”.

You can actually check the price directly to my DM in Bali. His website is Aqua Cat Bali. See if you can get better deal than what I have offered. Again I don’t need a measly kick back.
LOL.
You can deny it but........
I was not born yesterday!!!
"You pay what you get for"!! Only accurate to a certain extend. You definitely have not heard or experienced bargin in life.
Have you ever paid a lot for a lousy meal and came down with food poisoning as added bonus? Plenty to learn in life.

You definitely have not heard or experienced bargin in life.

Wow! You’re sure I have not experienced bargain in life? Let me just mention about a bargain that I got last year. I got 50% off on French Polynesia Master (FPM) back in 2020 from Tim Yeo (he is the general manager of Bluewater Dive Travel | Scuba diving travel agency - Book Liveaboards and Resorts you can verify my story directly with him). That 11 day trip cost $6500 and I paid $3250. Then Covid came and shutdown French Polynesia. After 2 years FPM is still grounded for other reason. Tim offered me two-week back-to-back trip on Galapagos Master that costs $12,950 ($6475 x 2) as a replacement of the FPM trip. That’s 75% off. I went for it last October and here is the trip report: Trip Report - Diving in Galapagos in October 2022

So, what’s your experience of bargain in life? Don’t just make it up, saying nonsense, give me data!

Have you ever paid a lot for a lousy meal and came down with food poisoning as added bonus? Plenty to learn in life.

No. Apparently you did. Sorry to hear that.

You certainly make a lot friends here. Pissing off people left & right.

Not sure this is my topic anymore, but... For me, the value is underwater life. Say it has weight 10 out of 10. Good foor and nice room has maybe 2 out of 10. If you pay more, you will still get the same sealife, if you go to the same site. You might get a better guide and see (much?) more, but you never know and you can (but not necessarily will) get an excellent guide in a cheapo center as well. So my question really was "where can I see the best sealife for as little money as possible", not "which liveaboard has softer beds and steaks". But maybe I said that already :wink: .

Dan, you are rather off topic, as your Galapagos trip cost approximately the same we paid for first 5 months of our trip December - April.

I still have not done proper research having planned Sumatra, so I am still on Komodo LoB/land based, maybe Lombok (yes?), Nusa Penida if mola have arrived and Bali north/east if the time permits (which means in fact "if Komodo will be too expensive to spend there more days" - but maybe Bali is better than Komodo or on par?).

Dan, you are rather off topic, as your Galapagos trip cost approximately the same we paid for first 5 months of our trip December - April.

I was simply answering this quoted question in post #57, below.

You definitely have not heard or experienced bargin in life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom