Best Tech Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... at least you don't have to be one for math ;-)

Drat... i misquoted! IT should be: Technical Diving is 30% Physical, 85% Mental, 25% Clairvoyance and Luck, and the remainder is Math! SORRY!

I suspect you're just going to get recommendations for whoever people trained with, but the two GUE Tech 2 instructors in the U.S. come to mind. One is Jarrod Jablonski, the other is Bob Sherwood. I've never met Jarrod but trained with Bob and can truly say he's worth seeking out. Judging by the number of people who fly him out for classes, it would appear I'm not alone.

I have spoken with Jarrod and Bob. I have not had a chance to train with either but very much want to. Jarrod told me he has very little time to teach any more (which is unfortunate from what I hear). Bob spent a ton of time talking to me on the phone about his teaching techniques and philosophy and that was very appreciated.

Jarrod told me he has very little time to teach any more (which is unfortunate from what I hear).

That's what I hear as well. There are rumors of courses every now and then though. And you could always make a go at the mythical Tech 3 ;-)

Just had the TDI Adv. Wreck class with John Chatterton in Milwaukee. Fantastic class. Got so much more out of the class than the book alone had to offer. We dove the Dredge, the Prins Willem and the Carferry. Captain Jitka ran an excellent boat as well for the class.

I would highly recommend John if you ever have the chance to take a class with him.

Bjorn

Just had the TDI Adv. Wreck class with John Chatterton in Milwaukee. Fantastic class. Got so much more out of the class than the book alone had to offer. We dove the Dredge, the Prins Willem and the Carferry. Captain Jitka ran an excellent boat as well for the class.

I would highly recommend John if you ever have the chance to take a class with him.

Bjorn

Bjorn,

Thanks for the kind words, it was my pleasure to dive with you guys, you all did a great job! I agree that Captain Jitka runs a top notch operation on the Molly V.

Cheers,
JC

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom