Best spots at Point Lobos reachable from shore.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Mount is a bit further than HitW, it's probably as far as I'd venture on a single tank (though I know a few people who can make it a lot further on a 1er).

I think the best one I've seen in this regard was done by my wife a couple of years ago: on a HP80, down at HITW, over to LM, north to Sea Mount, then out to the tip of Beto's Reef, and then back...all the way to 20' off the boat ramp. I always knew she was good, but this was more than good.

Bruce

*Shrugs* I have done Beto's on a single. I have also seen divers enter the water at the same time we were pulling anchor. We passed them over Middle Reef on our way to Thumbs Up. Once anchored as we were gearing up, we watched as their bubbles passed right under us. All you need is a scooter to dive most anywhere at Lobos.

One of my favorite dives kicking at Lobos is Canary Point Wall. Then again, I rarely get to dive there by boat or scooter.

*Shrugs* I have done Beto's on a single. I have also seen divers enter the water at the same time we were pulling anchor. We passed them over Middle Reef on our way to Thumbs Up. Once anchored as we were gearing up, we watched as their bubbles passed right under us. All you need is a scooter to dive most anywhere at Lobos.

One of my favorite dives kicking at Lobos is Canary Point Wall. Then again, I rarely get to dive there by boat or scooter.

Cannery Point, presumably, or did you mean Granite Pt. Wall?

Guy

No wonder my auto correction got it wrong...I clicked one off on accident. Yes Cannery Point wall.

Granite Point is a nice dive and still holds the deepest I have dove record for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom