Best snorkeling Florida Keys based on Reef Health?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Molasses Reef off of Key Largo is beautiful for scuba and snorkeling.
I will have a day for diving from Miami. I would love to take some rest from wrecks and caves and do some relaxed NDL dives to see pretty corals and fish, without fighting strong currents. Would the Molasses Reef be a place for that? Two non-diving colleagues might be interested in snorkeling. Could you recommend an operator to dive with? Thanks!

Rainbow Reef runs snorkeling trips to Molasses reef daily. AFAIK Molasses is the best snorkeling in Key Largo. Other boats run snorkeling trips too--just make sure they are going to take you to Molasses reef on the shallow side of the reef. Tell them you want Lower Eagle Ray Alley....or somewhere real close to that.

Rainbow Reef runs snorkeling trips to Molasses reef daily. AFAIK Molasses is the best snorkeling in Key Largo. Other boats run snorkeling trips too--just make sure they are going to take you to Molasses reef on the shallow side of the reef. Tell them you want Lower Eagle Ray Alley....or somewhere real close to that.
Many thanks!

I was diving in Marathon over winter break -- shallow dives and the snorkelers went off the same boat as us. My general impression for my few dives on the east coast of Florida and in the Keys is that the reefs themselves are not that "pretty" but there are tons of fish on them.

Back
Top Bottom