Best sites in the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for this. Sounds like Dry Tortugas would be great to visit, but hard to get to. The South Coaling Dock sounds like a "must map" location, but for the location. We're keen to add as many shore dive and snorkel spots as possible for the Keys. but I've been told that there aren't any. Do you know if any of the bridges in the keys are used as shore diving or snorkeling spots?
Bridges have lots of traffic, but only at slack tide. Most folks take the ferry that runs daily if they want to snorkel the south coaling dock.

Yes, Finz diving runs day trips.

You didn’t ask what was accessible, you asked where the best diving in the keys is.
Good to know. Thanks. Would love to get out there to do these sites. Will have to see if we can arrange this. Thanks for the feedback

Bridges have lots of traffic, but only at slack tide. Most folks take the ferry that runs daily if they want to snorkel the south coaling dock.
Ahhh...perfect. Thanks for the tip.

One other thing...the south coaling dock is the one near where the ferry terminates right? Is the north coaling dock also good, or not so much? Thanks.

Has the diving in the Keys just gone to heck? It's been a while since we've been there and we've been thinking about going back - honestly, for the food! Fish House and Hobo's - yum! We liked Molasses and the Benwood quite a bit.

Has the diving in the Keys just gone to heck? It's been a while since we've been there and we've been thinking about going back - honestly, for the food! Fish House and Hobo's - yum! We liked Molasses and the Benwood quite a bit.
I haven't been to the Keys for a while, but how about those fish tacos at the Galley/Sharkey's

I'll be able to let you know in a few weeks :wink:

One other thing...the south coaling dock is the one near where the ferry terminates right? Is the north coaling dock also good, or not so much? Thanks.
It is not in an area where snorkling/diving is allowed.

I haven't been to the Keys for a while, but how about those fish tacos at the Galley/Sharkey's

I was there this time last year and they were pretty damn good.

I hear you regarding coral cover, but at the same time, accessibility is an important factor for many people...plus the Keys have some pretty impressive wrecks no?
Coral cover not withstanding, the fish life in the Caribbean is not even in the same conversation as the Upper keys

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom