Best Shop/Boat Fl Keys Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to retract my first posting on this thread. I spoke with Captain Gary from Conch Republic and I believe that my dive was an isolated incident.

Thanks

Maybe you should have handled this long ago. Having personally met Brenda and Gary, I can see how hard they work at the chosen profession. Spouting off something like that on an open forum without giving them a chance to make it right or even hear thier side of the story is really cheezy...

I would like to try silent world but have used Conch Republic and cannot say enough good about them. Brenda went way above and beyond IMO to accomodate me and my wife who is in a wheelchair but loves to go out on the boats. Unfortunately Gary was treasure hunting that week and I did not get to meet him( I think he should send me a few doubloons as consolation for that, 50 or so would be adequate) but Capt Jim was great as well as the mate whose name I cannot recall now. Made me and my wife feel like family. Should I make it down to the keys again (going to Bonaire this year) as I mainly dive up here and get one maybe two trips a year Conch will be my first choice but SW will also get a ring being they rent doubles and mix. Now that I've got heliotrox and will be doing adv nitrox and deco after Bonaire look forward to a nice long dive on the grove and duane. Sorry to Hijack but will either of you ops be doing the Vandenberg? I know it's a haul but my wife asked if I want to take a long weekend and fly down just to do it when she's on the bottom? I'd love to do it on mix.

Sorry to Hijack but will either of you ops be doing the Vandenberg? I know it's a haul but my wife asked if I want to take a long weekend and fly down just to do it when she's on the bottom? I'd love to do it on mix.

It's over 90 miles to Key West from Tavernier alone so they'd have to permanently relocate a boat down there.

I'm looking fwd to the V's reefing on Sinko-De-Mayo 2008 :D

Jim,

Brian's right it would be a haul for us to go do the Vandenberg, it's take about 6 hours. Anyway I like the diving here in the Upper Keys.

Also just to let you know....we rent steel 100 doubles and have tri-mix as well. Also have a number of steel 100's and 85's for rent all with DIN connectors.

Oh and you'll have to discuss the doubloon thing with the Admiral. She may be an Admiral, but she's a pirate at heart and I doubt she'll let loose any of her gold...Take care and look forward meeting you.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Also just to let you know....we rent steel 1000 doubles ,
Dear GOD! Do you tow them out behind the boat? I couldn't imagine a person bolting that to their back place & industrial life raft set up before being lowered into the water with a crane. :mooner:

I'll stick to my 72's :)

Dear GOD! Do you tow them out behind the boat? I couldn't imagine a person bolting that to their back place & industrial life raft set up before being lowered into the water with a crane. :mooner:

I'll stick to my 72's :)

I'm always looking for bigger tanks though Colin and these certainly seem to fit that description.

Gary - what are the buoyancy characteristics of the double 1000s??? :D

LOL.....No need for weight....You just strap them on and we come back three days later to pick you up. Nice weekend of diving don't you think?

Of course I meant 100's.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom