Best Scubaboard Posters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My favorite posters are below in no particular order:

DA Aquamaster
TS&M
Thalassamania
Gilligan
Jim Lapenta

There are many others that I could list as people that I pay particular attention to, but DA Aquamaster has great comments about gear issues and I always learn something about maintenance from him. TS&M, Thalassamania, and Jim Lapenta are thoughtful and always makes intelligent comments about training issues (as does Walter, but he is my brother and his head is big enough already :D). Gilligan posts amazing pictures and I have actually met him while in Hawaii in 2004.

Hey all...

I just picked up this thread and was both surprised and flattered to find myself mentioned at all. I haven't added "thanks" to the people who mentioned me because that would feel a bit odd, to be honest.

I'm glad I've managed to help some people, and that some people have found my advice useful. We don't always agree, but I am trying my best to help where I can, and I find myself learning a great deal from this board, even though I am a teacher of diving.

My favourite posters? Those who are on the side of your average recreational fun-diver; those who enjoy splashing about in three dimensions being constantly amazed by the underwater world. Those who enjoy the beauty of what we do for the simple sake of enjoying it, not because they feel they have to prove something to the rest of the universe.

Thanks to you all - fun divers, tec divers, DIR and GUE divers, cave divers... whatever your chosen field of expertise we all have one thing in common.

We are divers.

Happy, safe diving folks,

C.

Just had some time to finally catch up on SB reading. Thanks for the great thread. I have to concur with the list of aforementioned posters and with Boulder John's assessment of posters.
These are the folks that help build the dynamic momentum that keeps me and others participating.

I blame that Netdoc character. :wink:

Could be he's just a rumor...

Wormil's other other sock puppet?

Who is 0NESPEED? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. He's a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. "Rat on your pop, and 0NESPEED will get you." But no-one ever really believes. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for 0NESPEED. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

usualsuspects_l.jpg

This thread has been quiet for awhile, so a bump and an updated list.
List updated to incorporate new "votes" and to correct several spelling errors.

BUT: Some have been dropped because of insufficient information. Each was named once. They are: Adam, Brian, Christopher, FB, Ian, James, Jim, Ken, Kevin, lourin, Phil, Richard, RogerUzun,

If you named one of these, you might want to be more specific. e.g. which "Richard" did you mean? What's their full member name?

Now back to the list:

Still the clear front runner with 17 is TSandM

Then with 11 is NWGratefulDiver

Followed by:
9 - Thalassamania
7 - DA Aquamaster
7 - Walter
5 - Cave Diver
5 - RJP
5 - Diver0001

Those with 4 (in alphabetical order):
boulderjohn
JeffG
Jim Lapenta
Mo2vation
NetDoc
TraceMalin

With 3:
adurso
Catherine96821
Charlie99
cool_hardware52
DandyDon
Gilligan
MikeFerrara
pilot fish
Uncle Pug

With 2:
BubbleTrubble
Doc Intrepid
DocVikingo
Doppler
Dr Deco
HBDiveGirl
lamont
mjh
ONESPEED
Reg Braithwaite
Rick Murchison
sam miller
Skull
Valhalla
Wayward Son

With 1:
alcina
Ber Rabbit
Blackwood
CamG
Christi
Chuck Tribolet
couv
Crowley
DaleC
DCBC
debersole
DiverDennis
doctormike
drbill
FredT
Gene_Hobbs
Genesis
Gombessa
Herk_Man
herman
idocsteve
jbd
JCAT
jlyle
Joe diver
KMD
knotical
Meng Tze
MikeMeagher
Nemrod
peterbj7
Peter Guy
rhlee
Rhone Man
Rick Inman
rjack321
RoatanMan
ronscuba
sabbath999
Saspotato
scubanimal
ScubaSteve
Spencermm
Teamcasa
The Kraken
Tom Winters
vshearer
Warhammer
Wormil
and the entire moderating staff

Adam, Brian, Christopher, FB, Ian, James, Jim, Ken, Kevin, lourin, Phil, Richard

PfcAJ
LiteHedded
Rainer
FB - I don't know
ianr33
ucfdiver
Jim Lapenta
liuk3
Kevrumbo
lourin - maybe they mean laurin?
Thalassamania
rjack321

On medical issues: DocVikingo and TSandM

On equipment: DA Aquamaster

On education: boulderjohn

There are certainly others, but these came quickly to mind.

You nailed it there my friend but don't forget NetDoc for keeping the peace.
DA Aquamaster is probably one the FEW and I mean very few people I trust to service my regs.
Once upon a time he was the reg guy for my LDS.
I've since moved south but I'll still ship my regs out to him when they need servicing.

Different contributors have different strengths, but if I were voting for three I would vote TS&M for general even-handedness and well-rounded advice, DrBill for just plain raw experience (especially solo), and Nemrod for his irreverence and pragmatism.

But for specific topics, what's great about this board is having people with real knowledge and experience on the specific topic - like (thinking of actual threads I've read) someone with a background in metallurgy discussing the specifics of tank stress and testing, a Coast Guard helicopter rescue guy talking about what markers are easiest seen from the air, medical professionals discussing the treatment options for a PFO, and everyone who hasn't been afraid to post about their own personal mistakes and lessons learned from them.

Also in no particular order:

RJP
TS&M
Jim Lapenta
Thalassamania
Cave_Diver
Guba
TraceMalin
Walter

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back