Best Replacement Seals for Si Tech System?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've just upgraded my dry suit with a si tech neck-tite system and quick cuffs, so I want to order up some backup neck and wrist seals for my dive kit. Which are the best ones to get in terms of price and quality?

I haven't tried silicone seals yet; are they worth the added cost?

I really like the DUI conical latex seals, because you can cut them as big or as small as you need to.

The silicone seals seem very comfortable. Unfortunately, the standard size doesn't fit me.

I haven't tried silicone seals yet; are they worth the added cost?

My experience is that the silicone neck seals wear very well and are extremely comfortable. The silicone wrist seals seem to tear on me. YMMV

I really love my silicone neck seal. The wrist are great but after 25 dives or so I ripped one. Now that we are heading in to drysuit sesaon I'll try again. It feels more like the seal molds itself then the latex, which always seemed like a tourniquet.

I have silicone seals on one of my suits and latex on the other. I like the feel of the silicone but have to be careful when I dof and don the suit so I don't tear the seal. Learned the hard way thinking I could pull and tug like my latex seals.

What I'm reading is that silicone is more comfortable and therefore preferred for neck seals, but that it is not durable enough compared to latex to be used in wrist seals.

I ordered some bottle style heavy duty latex wrist seals. (Side note: what are the functional differences between bottle style, cone style etc? All the suits I've used so far have had bottle style.)

I'm seeing sitech silflex silicone neck seals on ebay for $50 shipped, Waterproof silicone neck seals for $100. I'll probably go with the silflex ones. Is there a better deal than this anywhere?

Bottle style seals have to be bought in the right size, because you effectively can't change the size by trimming them. Conical seals can be trimmed to fit.

Bottle style seals have to be bought in the right size, because you effectively can't change the size by trimming them. Conical seals can be trimmed to fit.

Ah, thanks.

TSandM, I stumbled onto an old thread in which you expressed dissatisfaction with your sitech quick gloves. I tried mine the other day and got wet hands (though reading about them now I think I donned them without adequate care). Did you ever get yours working well?

Advise please!!! just got a Waterproof D7 drysuit, the original wrist seals came with pencil tip sized holes, had them replaced, still getting water in.... they are installed correctly for sure. I can buy a smaller seal, but not sure if its too small and dont wanna really drop another 100 euro on top of what I already paid. Any advice??? getting leaky wrists is a pain!

Advise please!!! just got a Waterproof D7 drysuit, the original wrist seals came with pencil tip sized holes, had them replaced, still getting water in.... they are installed correctly for sure. I can buy a smaller seal, but not sure if its too small and dont wanna really drop another 100 euro on top of what I already paid. Any advice??? getting leaky wrists is a pain!

Are those latex or neoprene seals?

It's not a permanent solution but you could try wrap a couple layers of electrical tape around the outside of the seal after you don it. This would tighten it up a bit. Be careful not to go too tight though, or you'll lose circulation.

Back
Top Bottom