Best regs with scubapro AIR-2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all your input & advice guys.
The overall concensus is that the AIR-2 is handy piece of kit that is most favoured in use with other Scubapro regs. Also the AIR-2 can be easily tuned in with the chosen setup to result in no problems with freeflow. This has helped convince me to go for the AIR-2 and go for the MK25 S550 regs. Effectively, giving me quality regs that have minimal hassle with adjustments.
Thanks agian all :)

I just wanted to offer my 2 cents in this. I used the MK25/S600 regs with my Air2 (I have that setup on my scubapro jacket bc, bought at a SP/Oceanic-only store) but I now use the MK with my Atomic SS1, I've never had trouble with either free flowing, and the regs are used by just about everyone I dive with, because they're reliable, easy to use, well priced, just damn nice pieces in general. But about the octo vs. air2 argument, I actually carry both. When I first started, I just had a primary and the air2, but after diving with a guy who ran out of air and instinctually grabbed out other buddy's octo, I decided that - should that ever happen to me - I'd be ready for it with an octo dangling there. I've stuck with an air2 or ss1 since because for me, if I'm in need of alternate regs for some reason, whether I'm adjusting my reg or fiddling with the ziptie holding the mouthpiece on, its more convenient for me to just pop the Air2 in, leaving the octo secured for someone else to use if needed.
One bit of advice about SS1s though, if you're planning to get one, I'd advice getting a different mouthpiece for it, the ones on their are flimsy and small. I actually used an old SP piece on it.

Wolfbane,
At one point I used to really like the idea of an air2.... You might want to check out my recent post about the adapter breaking and then reconsider....

Wolfbane:
Hi there,
This is my first post and have only been diving since for a few months, with 18 dives logged and just got my advanced OW.
So far I have hired gear whilst diving in Melbourne waters.

I have decided to now buy the Scubapro Knighthawk BCD and like the idea of the AIR-2 for streamlining. However, I am stuck on what regs to go for. I really want to get something decent & reliable whilst having the flexibility to handle deep dives (if I do the courses).

Having said that, I have heard that their can be a problem with freeflow on the AIR-2 if used with quality regs like Apeks, due to the "over balance" feature. I wondered what other people use with the AIR-2 and what its limitations may be with depth & temp depending on what regs are used with it?

Thanks for any imput you guys can give me on this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom