Best Regs for Deco Bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnidae

Reaction score
So I'm thinking about getting the apeks ATX50 Nitrox regs for my deco bottles; Is this a good choice? I'm also planning on using the Legend LX's for my back gas so I'm wondering if I should go all Apeks or does it really matter as far as maintance. Whats everyones thoughts? What would you do in if you were in my shoes?

Thanks

cnidae once bubbled...
...apeks ATX50 Nitrox...
Where did you see an ATX50 Nitrox regulator? I'm aware that Apeks marketed TX40 and TX50 designated nitrox regulators for a while. All Apeks regs are good to 40% out of the box according to the website, although some are shipped with paperwork saying 23.5%

Oops yah I ment ATX 40.

metridium once bubbled...
Odd. There's an ATX40 Nitrox, but not ATX50.
I think those are just regular regulators that SimplyScuba will O2 clean for 100% at additional charge. That's just a yellow octopus isn't it? "Nitrox" cleaning is an option on most of SimplyScuba's website.

I'm cleaning up a spare TX40 for eventual deco use.

Apeks makes a very nice reg and would be a good choice, as long as everything is properly cleaned, etc. Remember, you will be spending as much time, or more, on your deco regs so they need to be of good quality and easy breathers.

I just picked up a new Poseidon Xtreme Deco and really like it.

Scubaroo once bubbled...
I think those are just regular regulators that SimplyScuba will O2 clean for 100% at additional charge. That's just a yellow octopus isn't it? "Nitrox" cleaning is an option on most of SimplyScuba's website.
Apeks doesn't specify on its website which specific nitrox regs are available. SimplyScuba doesn't show a nitrox option for the ATX50, FWIW.

Looks like it's a yellow octopus with the all-important green adjustment knob. Gotta have all those cool green and yellow colors!

:rolleyes:

:D

I also dive the poseidon xtreme regs, I have the deco and the deep and I cant say enough about them. they breath easy at depth and are well put together. only draw back is getting parts and service in some areas
best diving,
azdvr

The 40 that you guys are seeing as a NITROX reg, is actually FACTORY CLEANED BY APEKS FOR 100% O2. This is NOT just a nitrox reg. You can use it with up to 100 % .

I have been using APeks regs for years now, and I like them, they breath nice, and easy to overhaul. That being said, I still like my Odins too. I use them for my stages and my backgas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom