Best quick release hose clamp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What quick release (reusable) clamps are you using on your long hose?
At the moment I have small o-ring between long hose and boltsnap so that it can released by just pulling "hard".
Would like to get some reusable solution for practicing.
Maybe something like in the picture below.
1722429629681.png

I do something similar to Grant. A loop of bungee attached to a bolt snap and looped around the mouthpiece works well for me. It gives enough that the 2nd stage comes right out when you grab it but it is secure enough that I’ve never had it come out unintentionally.

These:

1722470299822.png
1722470328505.png

They're a buck-fifty each at Dive Gear Express.

Reactions: Zef

You really think that'll break away in an emergency air share scenario? I use those when diving backmount and don't think I'd trust it for this purpose. They're pretty tough!

I've had success running the o-ring + ziptie method Andy Davis covers on his website.

A small cable tie will break away just fine. If you don't trust it practice on land so you can retie a new one.

When practicing underwater just get good at unclipping it.

A slight twist on a cable tie and it falls open

If your oring is too heavy you won't break it, and you can't easily twist the cable tie to pop it

Best to use a really light oring or maybe two so they break with only a pull leaving the tie on

You really think that'll break away in an emergency air share scenario?

No!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom