Best Place For Diver Family To Live In Florida?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's your opinion on the best city or town to live for access to diving?
Is your house hunting budget above or below a half million ??
And then there is Fisher Island house budget too....

Hi @Leafy Seadragon

I see you dive a rebreather, what kind of diving do you want to do ocean, caves, both? You appear to be young, half my age. Do you need to work, is that available anywhere in Florida? Do you have family that also need to work or go to school, etc.?

I'm much older, do not have to work, dive in the ocean, like wrecks but prefer reefs, Florida is a 2nd home. I initially only knew and liked the Keys. Discovered Jupiter and drift diving. Spent 3-4 years visiting and diving between Ft Lauderdale and Jupiter. Chose Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter. Bought just north of Boynton at a good time, 2011. Now, after more than 1200 dives, I made the right decision for me.

Best of luck

If I had to pick one place for the type of diving I do (mostly reefs and wrecks less than 90ft), it would be Lighthouse Point on the SE coast. Safe community, easy access to lots of great diving, even right off the beach. The Keys and Jupiter are 1.5 hours away and our club dives there often. Tavernier, in the middle Keys is great also, but is a completely different lifestyle.

Teach me, what are the many Floridas?
Florida is like the inverse of the country. North is south, east is west, etc. The link below has a few maps dividing FL that are mostly pretty accurate.

But….
Sorry, we're full.
Yep. All full.

Your budget may determine where you live in Florida...a million plus plus in Jupiter to get a small place. Stuart is ok. West Palm is nice. We saw some homes in Miami for around 25 million plus.....budget will dictate more than desire

Hello!
I'm considering a move to Florida and would like suggestions for places that have good diving, but also nice for families. I've been to NW Florida and the Keys many times and love it there but didn't how how the rest of the state compares. What's your opinion on the best city or town to live for access to diving?
Thanks!!
I live in Fla. It is hard to know what a stranger means when you say “nice for families.” Personally, I like the Blue end of the State and I think it is great for families. My politics could be different than yours. You’d be better off exploring to see what suits your taste. Diving down here is great and I can go to Key Largo diving for the day and return in the early evening.

Your budget may determine where you live in Florida...a million plus plus in Jupiter to get a small place. Stuart is ok. West Palm is nice. We saw some homes in Miami for around 25 million plus.....budget will dictate more than desire
In my Jupiter neighborhood the houses are only going for 1/2 a million right now!

Hello!
I'm considering a move to Florida and would like suggestions for places that have good diving, but also nice for families. I've been to NW Florida and the Keys many times and love it there but didn't how how the rest of the state compares. What's your opinion on the best city or town to live for access to diving?
Thanks!!
Don’t do it! Living isn’t visiting :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom