Best Place for a Honeymoon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb once bubbled...
Hello everyone

So the other Pacific places are out as well (although any recommendations gratefully received!).

Cheers
Mark

:confused:

I know you said no South Pacific.............BUT .............

It was truly beyond our wildest dreams !!!!!!
Diving wasnt to bad either :wink:

I am going where she wants to go!!

It's just that she doesn't know where that is yet.....

French P and Truk are too far away this time but they are on the list of places for a forthcoming world tour....

Bonaire looking good then, although the BC idea is growing on me.

Anyone been to Belize?

Mark

Finesse once bubbled...

I know you said no South Pacific.............BUT .............

It was truly beyond our wildest dreams !!!!!!
Diving wasnt to bad either :wink:
Thanks for the pic..

Bonaire looking good then
My condolences...here are some pics to get you started anyway.. I guess you have the rest of your lives together to take a good vacation..

Looking down toward Karel's from the end of the street..

From Cap'n Don's Habitat

O-Ring - Thanks for the photos.
I'm going to take your advice and not go to Bonaire. You say you have only just got back and it was only average - word of mouth has to be the best advice on places to visit.

Which still leaves us with the $64000 question unanswered.....

....but thanks to all for your suggestions

Mark

Still not sure where to go - see discussion in 'General Topics' for the Bonaire debate - but thanks for all replies.

Mark

as a "kangaroo roper" as someone suggested above, I have to vote for diving off the western coast of Australia.

Your honeymoon in June would coincide with the Whale Shark migration in Ningaloo Reef, off the Coast of Western Australia.

Here is a decent link to a dive company there but do a search in google and you will find LOADS of info:

http://www.diversionoz.com/en/wa.htm

http://www.dive-australia.com/perth/wreck.htm

Hope this gives you some ideas. Also take into account that your Pound is MUCH stronger than the Aussie dollar so you will get a great deal for your hardearned $$$.

Once again, happy planning and welcome to the Board!

Happy diving!
Cheers

markb once bubbled...
O-Ring - Thanks for the photos.
I'm going to take your advice and not go to Bonaire. You say you have only just got back and it was only average - word of mouth has to be the best advice on places to visit.

Which still leaves us with the $64000 question unanswered.....

....but thanks to all for your suggestions

Mark
Everybody else you talk to will tell you Bonaire is the bees knees...I think I am the only person in existence (except SG) that didn't think it was all that. The only reason I posted is that I read a couple of your comments in your original post and thought I would mention it. The comments that threw up red flags on the Bonaire idea, in my mind, were the "all reefs, obviously" and "we like wrecks". Bonaire is all reefs...period.. and there is only one decent wreck in recreational limits....those are undisputed facts. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a honeymoon (having never been married and currently single, I have no basis to make a recommendation there really)...Bonaire will be quiet as a mouse with not much nightlife, the diving will be good (if you like reefs and small fish), and the food will be ok. If that's a honeymoon, then you may very well love it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom