Best Octos! Suggestions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sauga:
Actually, what I was getting at was you can switch between nitrox or air without having to get the regulator re-cleaned with the M1. In my owners manual it says under T1(x),B1,Z1 "At time of purchase, you must decide if this regulator is to be used with EAN or standard compressed air. If you desire to use EAN, this product must be dedicated for EAN use only and identified as such." Under M1 ONLY, "The M1 may be used interchangeably with air or EAN mixes up to 50% oxygen concentration at 3500 psi maxiumum." So, what I was getting at was in order to use one regulator set with either air or EAN, I would need to add the M1 safe second. I got the Ti2 because it was in stock and has a two year service interval like the M1. Live and learn...

See pages 9-10
Atomics Manual

John

I can't imagine why they would post that. the only thing that Ican think of is the they want tocover their rear against people getting 'dirty' air and then contaminating their regs. If you get your air at a place that does nitrox like i do, the air is clean enough for nitrox so why not without it.
I don't know that I would abide by that.

I'm guessing it has something to do with hydrocarbons combined with the higher oxygen concentrations in EAN mixtures and the relatave flamability of titanium.
English translation: Makes for an interesting dive light...the glow, however, tends to attract lawyers. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom