Best money ever spent on scuba gear.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Scubapro MK V regulator. Paid $100.00 in 1968 (lot of snow removal and grass cutting) still using it today as one of two regs on my ID the other reg is a MK V bought on E-Bay for $50.00.

Gotta be my Atomic setup, 1st, 2nd and Octo are all M1, great performance in the colder waters up here. :D

Looking to upgrade to a T2X over the winter so watch for the M1 setup to hit the SB Marketplace. :wink:

Surface marker buoy and whistle. Actually the whistle was more important. It was the only thing, the whistle sound, that convinced the boat captain he still had divers in the water during a night dive emergency when his crew lost count of the number of divers recovered. Best couple bucks you can spend. Nothing says help me like a screaming whistle.

Surface marker buoy and whistle. Actually the whistle was more important. It was the only thing, the whistle sound, that convinced the boat captain he still had divers in the water during a night dive emergency when his crew lost count of the number of divers recovered. Best couple bucks you can spend. Nothing says help me like a screaming whistle.

I'd agree...I think safety gear is the best gear you can spend money on. I use a dive alert connected to my BC inflator and have a whistle as a backup. That plus a safety sausage are the things I will NEVER dive without
-------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

UH, the best money I have ever spent was on scuba gear.:D

Oh tag almost forgot. Jet fins. Have tried to move to lighter. And smaller. Always end up diving my jets..... Couldn't imagine being without

I guess it would have to be a Rolex Dive Watch that I purchased in 1974. It was a replacement for another that I blew-up in the chamber at DCIEM. I payed $350 (and the pieces I picked-up from my other watch). I used it daily for the following 37 years and sold it for $17,000! I now have a new Rolex Deep Sea, which cost me $8K. Hopefully my Son can sell it in 2048 for $400,000... :)

I guess it would have to be a Rolex Dive Watch that I purchased in 1974. It was a replacement for another that I blew-up in the chamber at DCIEM. I payed $350 (and the pieces I picked-up from my other watch). I used it daily for the following 37 years and sold it for $17,000! I now have a new Rolex Deep Sea, which cost me $8K. Hopefully my Son can sell it in 2048 for $400,000... :)

Ya it's crazy how the prices have gone up. I hope my kids never sell my sea dweller. My wife will be happy to know that kind of appreciation. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom