Best Mask Defog ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if spiting is not an option I would jump in the water and lick the glass.
I can't find a single reason to spend money on a product that at best works as good as spit.

I can't find a single reason to spend money on a product that at best works as good as spit.
If saliva works for you, go for it.

However, it does not work well for me - never has and never will.

For me, a small spray of diluted baby shampoo followed by quick dunk/rinse and then immediately putting the mask on (ideally to a dry face) works perfectly! If I can’t afford to spend $2.29 for a 2-oz bottle of baby shampoo for each trip, I should not be taking the trip in the first place…

I am in the baby shampoo group. Dilute it in a small spray bottle. spray and go

I’ll bet the ladies are interested in your technique. I myself can barely lick my lips.

The best? 500 PSI's defog - one treatment works for 2 dives.

Spit works, and I'll use a 10/1 dawn dish soap to water spray too. Baby shampoo works too as does the liquid soap/bodywash/shampoo you can get at hotels.

For a new mask, I've always burned them in, but I have encountered a couple recently that even after multiple tries, would still fog badly during a dive. Treating the glass for a couple days in ammonia does the trick though.
New mask I always use tooth paste never trusted myself with a lighter 😂😂

Is it just me, I have found the cheap 'knock off' copies of some masks harder to clean [lighter, toothpaste etc] and defog.
The Hollis M1 and the Scubapro Solo were easy, the copies, not so.
I always dive with 2 masks [above] and travel with 4, or more [sold 2 knock offs on the last trip, as theirs kept fogging, once a year divers, and happy they were to pay].
I know some will say they come from the same place.....

Oh, the 2 sold were Beuchat Maxlux Small Mask, an effort to clean, but work well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom