Best lever for old G250 w/ s-wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha Joe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Title says it all. I have an old style G250 that I upgraded to s-wing poppet. Just wondering if the newer curly-foot lever would be the better choice since all regs that came with that poppet seem to use the newer foot.

The curly foot gives a slightly greater lift to the poppet, due to the longer lever arm, but starts with a lower angle than the original, unless you bend the feet. And that lever won't fit in @herman 's tool, so you need to use a pair of Lockjaw pliers to hold both feet symmetrically.

It gets complicated, because the G250 has no lever height adjustment other than the orifice, which changes spring tension.
I use the old lever with straight feet, but opinions vary.

Thoughts, @couv ?

I find the curly feet levers work great with the Duro or S-wing poppets (except when they don't :) ) Seriously, the curly foot lever works 95% of the time with a new poppet.

I addressed the lever height issue here:
Scubapro Second Stage Lever Height

I find the curly feet levers work great with the Duro or S-wing poppets (except when they don't :) ) Seriously, the curly foot lever works 95% of the time with a new poppet.

I addressed the lever height issue here:
Scubapro Second Stage Lever Height
I KNEW you had a recent thread somewhere! I thought I looked everywhere, but no luck. Thanks for the link!! :)

I understood that to be true for the 109 and BA, but wasn’t sure about the old style G250. I thought I read there could be an issue with lever height, which seems to be stated above as well.

So, I should probably just buy one and try it :)

So, I should probably just buy one and try it :)

Now you're beginning to understand DIY. :)

Sometimes Most of the time even after all the manuals, books, and advice from the peanut gallery, you have to open things up and try it for yourself. There are plenty of gurus on this board, but I would bet you they all have found slightly different techniques, come up with different results, and found "what works for them."

Treat regulator service with respect, but don't be afraid.

I've done a ton of G250 with S-wing poppets, 99% have worked with either lever. The 109 upgrades I've done have been a bit more hit and miss, with the square foot lever sometimes works, with the curly foot lever (G250V .141) it's always worked.

I've had best results with the curly feet lever too in most cases. I don't work on a lot of G250s; I far prefer the converted 109s and balanced/adjustables. But it's the same poppet/seat/orifice and a very similar air barrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom