Best GAGS, PRACTICAL JOKES or FUNNY MOMENTS UNDERWATER...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me and a buddy were diving with Deep Blue in Cozumel. At our safety stop, the Divemaster, Gabriel, pulls a hand puppet out and drops it down in front of my buddies face. his reaction was pretty funny.

Not so much of a gag. But in the BSAC system you have to swim 200m with 4lbs of weight around your waist. Well one of the guys gave the next guy to swim a weight belt with a mere 22lbs of weight (and he was struggling to hand it to him), the guy put the weight on and within 1s was at 4.5m in the diving pit. He didn't panic! But I think it shows the benefit of learning both metric and imperial systems!

A mate of mine had another friend sneak up on him at the end of a safety stop. He mounted my mates tank like a saddle, reached around my mates head and pressed his 2nd stage purge - then held on for the ride!!

8 seconds for a winner...

When I worked in a blood bank in Jeddah back in the 90s we had a new couple join us in Chemistry who took up diving. Myself and one of my buddies from Microbiology decided to take them on their first post qualification dives at an area where we had a shared cabin on a private beach.

In my BC pocket was a labeled blood bag with red dye supplied by my microbiologist friend. We joked with the new couple that we liked to photograph sharks and in order to bring them in we used outdated blood from the blood bank where I worked. They thought we we bull****ting them until we were under and at around 15M I pulled out the blood bag and stuck my dive knife into it and waved it around.

First thing I noticed was that the "blood" was fluorescent red, and I thought ... sh!t they are going to know it's not blood because of the colour, however all we could see were their fins as they "legged it" as fast as they could. We had a jolly good underwater chuckle to ourselves :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom