Best Full-Foot Fins on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mako Competition Freediving Fins

Competition Freediver Fins | MAKO Spearguns

They're only $90 and have replaceable blades.

I love mine. I also have Atomic Blade and Hollis F1 fins. The freedivers work better for me for all technical kicks, including back kicks.

I definitely recommend ones with replaceable blades because they are too long to fit in just about any gear bag or suitcase (for flying) unless you take them apart.

Another Mares Power Quattro fan. I love them, and every single diver I've let try them out has bought a pair. Some of them have had substantial air consumption improvements.

We dive in current the majority of the time, and require efficient, substantial fins.

Once a few of us started wearing them, others in the shop caught on, and now over half the dive crew sports and is happy with Power Quattros. And often a good boat of divers will all have them on, too.

Roger that! When I first started teaching I was working with another instructor who had more experience than me. He had the Quattro's and told me they were the awesome. So of course I had to get a pair luckily the shop I worked at sold Mares as well as Scubapro and I got a great discount! Been happy ever since!

Plus is the open heel model. I have them, too, but since I mostly boat dive in warm water, I like the full foot Power Quattros much better. What does "twisty" mean?

Last edited:
For New England diving the open heel Quattro is the way to go

There is no best. Nor powerful. Fins only translate your legs strength to the water, some are better than others at this. Try lots of fins, stick with the ones you like best. Technique and conditions dictate best fins for a given dive.

Indeed. Fins are very personal items of diving equipment, particularly the full-foot variety where fit really matters. Such fins have to match our feet both lengthwise and breadthwise, which isn't always easy to achieve. Unfortunately, manufacturers rarely publish the internal measurements of their fins other than a size range, which may mean that a pair of size 8-10 fins will fall off the size 8 feet of one person while constricting the circulation in the size 10 feet of somebody else.

As a traditionalist, I avoid composite full-foot fins out of personal preference, choosing to snorkel instead in the cold North Sea with fins such as Gull Mews, which provide me with all the comfort and thrust I need. My own choice of fins, however, is neither here nor there so far as other people are concerned. Locating full-foots satisfying every individual criterion of fit and performance will always be something of an odyssey, never just a snap decision based on what everybody else is wearing on their feet.

Last edited:
Long fins here for me as well. Cressi Gara Pro's.

I bought them before looking at Mako's, but when it's time to buy another pair I will likely consider Mako's. Aside from the great reviews, Mako will sell you a single fin if you lose one. I'm not aware of any retailer that does that and I'm constantly seeing posts on FB for people looking for a single fin because they lost one or they broke one fin and now have to buy a whole set.

Thanks for the positive comments gentlemen!

Although I am not going to reveal our Black Friday Sale.....Sign up for our Email list and you will be the first to know about which long fins we will be offering at an incredible sale price.

If you have considered some long fins, this may be your best opportunity!

Oh yeah, and how hard is it to sell a single fin? It is not like there is a left or right? :giggle:

Thanks

Dano

Back
Top Bottom