Best Full-Foot Fins on the market?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried them in comparison to other full-foot fins out there?

Yes. Mares Superchannel are my favorite versatile full foot fin. Soft fin, but deceptive. You don't realize how fast you are going because they kick so easy.

Full foot fins I have owned:

Tusa snorkel fins: great for snorkeling, too soft for scuba, but surprising speed once you get going

Aqualung Stratos: previously my favorite full foot fin before I got the Mares Superchannel

Mares Quattro Power: too stiff for me.

Leaderfins Fiberglass Free Dive fins: currently my favorite fin for multi day open water boat diving, but since they are long freedive fins, they are not for everyone and not worth the hassle on short trips.

Last edited:
Well. I mean. I've got to imagine that most dive shops would tell you to knock it the f*** off if you tried to teaching their students (and SCUBA DIVING equipment customers) wearing 3-foot free diving fins

As with all dive gear there is no best, horses for courses. Bar splits, I've owned just about every popular fin but finally settled on DR XT fins, a great all round fin. I frog kick and XTs being stiff excel at that kick, in fact all kicks except maybe flutter,I don't have the leg muscles to sustain that kick for any great length of time.

If you want any info on the following fins, ask away, I've owned them all:

Novas
Gorillas
F1
F2
Accels
Jets
Rockets
Power Planas
Turbo Planas
Revos
Frogs
Rocket III
XTs
Quattros
Vypers
Hotshots

I'd love to see a back kick with freedive fins.....video anyone?

I'd love to see a back kick with freedive fins.....video anyone?

You do not do a back kick, you scull in reverse. Works fine. N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom