Best fin for propulsion small foot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey uncfnp
What foot size are you? Sorry to be riding on your thread but my gf's a size 5 with 3mm booties. Pretty hard to get her a fin size where I'm at. Singapore.

Edit - typo.

DD

Hey uncfnp
What foot size are you? Sorry to be riding on your thread but my gf's a size 5 with 3mm booties. Pretty hard to get her a fin size where I'm at. Singapore.

Edit - typo.

DD

No problem. I wear a 5 1/2 to 6 and have owned 2 sets of fins so far all in the smallest size available. They both felt too big but when I upgraded to the Mares 5mm hard-soled bootie, that did help. I can just imagine the problems your GF must be having. Sometimes I buy boys tennis shoes. Wonder if they make a quality child's size fin?

No problem. I wear a 5 1/2 to 6 and have owned 2 sets of fins so far all in the smallest size available. They both felt too big but when I upgraded to the Mares 5mm hard-soled bootie, that did help. I can just imagine the problems your GF must be having. Sometimes I buy boys tennis shoes. Wonder if they make a quality child's size fin?

I was looking into kids fins but the surface area's way too little to be effective. Yet alone going against a current. Adex is coming up 3 weeks from now. I'll let u know if we manage to find something. :)

DD

I was looking into kids fins but the surface area's way too little to be effective. Yet alone going against a current. Adex is coming up 3 weeks from now. I'll let u know if we manage to find something. :)

DD
Another option could be freediving fins in European size 38 ( about mens 7) and wear a pair of kayak paddling shoes ( thin sole but your foot will take up more room in the foot pocket length and width-wise see image) I did this for my wife once and it worked well....she did cut off the velcro strap, as it was an un-needed "bump" in the top surface of the foot.
440.jpg

I am struggling also to find fins that fit well for the small foot - I wear size 5 (US) or 3.5 to 4 (UK). It seems that most start with medium or small which is too long in the foot pocket. The Mares Avanti Quattro in size small is too big for my feet, so if you find a good alternative, please let me know.

I am struggling also to find fins that fit well for the small foot - I wear size 5 (US) or 3.5 to 4 (UK). It seems that most start with medium or small which is too long in the foot pocket. The Mares Avanti Quattro in size small is too big for my feet, so if you find a good alternative, please let me know.

I will do that and also ask you to post if you find a solution.

Ok, apologies for yet another fin recommendation but a SB search has left be spinning with all the options.

I am a vertically challenged female with small feet. I currently have Mares Avanti Quattro and am overall very pleased. But I find when diving in anything more than a light current I have trouble keeping up with my buddy (not too surprising) but more problematicly, I get a fairly significant degree of foot strain and cramping. I know there are SBers out there that know fin physics (I am clueless). Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Lisa

Lisa:

Take a look at our selection of fins. We went to considerable trouble and expense to located very small sized fins and we also paid to have a custom sized footpocket that is smaller than is commonly seen. Most people who have used freedive fins will agree that they are the most efficient fin for swimming. We actually have three separate options that may meet your needs. The Los Ninos freedive fins have foot sizes that will accomdate children and they are very inexpensive. Moving up a little higher we have the freediver fin with a removable blade and we also use this same footpocket and match it up with a soft fiberglass blade that is extremely responsive and efficient.

mlnff_sml.jpg

mcffw_sml.jpg

MLFFF-2.jpg

Fins

I will do that and also ask you to post if you find a solution.

Still on my small foot fin quest. It is looking more and more likely that my best option will be Force Fins - I have located a size chart but it does not seem that there are not any UK stockists of the Original Force Fin as opposed to the Force Pro Fin (which is stiffer and more suited to the stronger kicker). If anyone with small feet has used the Force Fin, some feedback on sizing would be appreciated as US delivery to the UK is expensive and so returns not really a viable option.

I tried on the Scubapro Seawing Novas - they are awesome innovative fins - a Small with 5mm booties was too wide and too long - when are the manufacturers going to wake up to the female and more petite market?

Do a Google search for US Divers Aqualung Mini Rocket Fins. These are a smaller sized very powerful rubber fin for the ladies, that show up from time to time on ebay. You might want to check with the seller of the last listed pair, as nobody bid a couple of weeks ago, and I would suspect the seller still has them.

Many of the female divers around here have jets but trimmed them back to be easier on the feet. They don't movie as much water with each kick but then again they don't have as much mass to push.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom