Best dive log software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1 , Do you have any experience with setting up dive logs from a Galileo, Luna on a mac, I'd really appreciate some input, have a macbook and ipad, does it matter which IrDa device I purchase? Is this just a matter of getting the right drivers for say an IrDa moschip (mcs7780)? even if the part is only 25 bucks, I hate spending money on things I can't use. Is Jtrak ok to log with? what about logtrack? Why does scubapro have two different dive log softwares?

I wish I could help but when I got the uatek console I just got what they told me to get and loved it. I have looked at the Galileao Luna and Galileo Sol when thinking about a wrist unit but do not know anything about their compatability with Macs or the notebook. I'm going to see if I can find anything on their site and if I do I'll edit this post to include that information.
The only dive computer I found on their site that talks about macs is the Meridian. There was a reference to get more info about smartTRAK compatability with Macs but the link was www.scubapro-uwatek.com but when I went there I got a "cannot go to that screen" message.

Last edited:
Here something new: Predator Log Manager: the first - and only - Dive Log App that allows a diver to download a log from a dive computer DIRECTLY into a smartphone :wink:

But .... you need to have a Shearwater Predator and an Android smartphone.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I wish I could help but when I got the uatek console I just got what they told me to get and loved it. I have looked at the Galileao Luna and Galileo Sol when thinking about a wrist unit but do not know anything about their compatability with Macs or the notebook. I'm going to see if I can find anything on their site and if I do I'll edit this post to include that information.
The only dive computer I found on their site that talks about macs is the Meridian. There was a reference to get more info about smartTRAK compatability with Macs but the link was
www.scubapro-uwatek.com
but when I went there I got a "cannot go to that screen" message.

farsidefan1:

According to a post from ScubaPro in January, the new ScubaPro LogTrak software for PC and Mac will only support the Meridian (and presumably newer) computers. SmartTrak of course works only on the PC. Take a look at the thread here:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/scubapro/407936-smart-trak-mac.html#post6185488

Right now, to download your UWatec IrDA based dive computer on a *Mac*, the only solution I know of is Dive Log Manager/Dive Log DT.
Dive Log Manager

Feel free to contact us directly or respond to this thread if you have any questions about it. There is lots of information on our website and in our user forums too.

Cheers,
Janice

After a number of failed attempts at getting the technology right this was my outcome.

History,
1/ purchased an atmos AI Dive computer with cable.
2/ installed Atmos Software.
3/ Plugged in cable supplied by diveshop.

(not working)

4/ Approached Aeris (thank you guys for getting me on the right track, who knows how long i would be doing circles otherwise.
5/ returned cable to shop and replaced for the right cable (yes there is a difference between the cables used for different buttoned versions of the Atmos AI
7/ plugged cable into computer
8/ told computer to look for 'the metal buttoned computer' (not the standard atmos AI).
9/ got dive downloaded

This is where things went hazy once again.
I tried to add additoinal log info to the dive.
(not possible)

10/ Downloaded divelog 5.0
11/ attempted to download dives - fail
12/ changed settings.. computer not supported.
13/ exported dives from Aeris SOftware - ok
14/ attempted import of dives to DIvelog 5.0 - fail.
15/ synchronisation attempt with Mobile Device - fail.

Various attempts to accomplish the same via Divelog 5.0
(all resulted in limited success).

16/ switched on Mac
17/ installed macdive
18/ plugged cable
19/ downloaded dives.
20/ sunch'd with mobi devices.

(looked back and said why didnt i start with macdive).

After a number of failed attempts at getting the technology right this was my outcome.
10/ Downloaded divelog 5.0
11/ attempted to download dives - fail
12/ changed settings.. computer not supported.
13/ exported dives from Aeris SOftware - ok
14/ attempted import of dives to DIvelog 5.0 - fail.
15/ synchronisation attempt with Mobile Device - fail.

Hi hobiediver

I'm glad you have a working solution, however maybe I can help you with a few issues you had with Diving Log:

11: Please give me more details (error messages etc.)
12: Aeris Atmos AI is supported by libdivecomputer and thus by Diving Log and Mac Dive
13: No need to export from the Aeris software
14: Just select the Aeris logbook using the Oceanlog import function. No need to export first.
15: Also more details would be helpful (which mobile device, what failed?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom