Best Discount card ever

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took advantage of a deal Disney was offering a few years back (after 9/11) one free 7day park hopper plus pass! I only went for 3 days but it saved me a lot of $$.

I know a couple of the various profesional sporting teams, usually baseball, but sometimes hockey and football will offer free admitance with Military ID. I get 10% off at almost every local buisness here in town. They really like to support the military.

We get in free for the Aloha Bowl and reduced tickets for the Pro Bowl plus most places around O'ahu give discounts if you have an ID. Even the movie theaters are a couple dollars off with ID. See 'n Sea (or Sea 'n See) dive shop gives a military discount also.

Melissa

I just took advantage of free admission to Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay and even got my parents (who aren't my dependents) in for free. Thanks for the support to all the folks at Anheuser-Busch for all the support.

In Oahu:
Ocean Concepts very friendly to the armed forces, pretty good discounts on boat dives.... owner is retired USN

I went to key west showed my military ID not only did I get OWI, AdvOW, Master Diver, and Hyperbarac chamber operator FOR FREE!!!! but they payed me $175 a month to get it. Not to mention the 60, 40 OC 20 CC 100% O2 dives I got in, I got all that in a meer 7weeks and 4 days not including my 2 chamber dives to 165FSW. LOL
But yes there are some good discounts out there for us. I just had to do it.

WaterDawg:
I took advantage of a deal Disney was offering a few years back (after 9/11) one free 7day park hopper plus pass! I only went for 3 days but it saved me a lot of $$.
There was a time when the Mouse was giving free admision to all dependents OR maybe it was half....hmmmm anyway it was a great deal AH it was reg admission free lodging after the sponser paid. ANYWAY thumbs up for the Mouse.

Home depot gives me a 20% discount everytime I am there. Speaking of that, that is where I get just about all my tech dive gear needs :D .

My, how things have changed. I remember back when me, my mom and my brother went to San Francisco airport to pick up my dad, "fresh" back from Viet Nam. People were milling quietly about the terminal, until my dad walked off of the plane in his Army uniform. A bunch of "peace lovers" threw free vegetables at us. And they weren't even fresh.
It hadn't improved much few years later, when I joined the AF. Anybody with short hair was a "squid", and generally frowned upon by the civilian population. Hard to get a decent date, and definately no discounts. I even knew one guy that it bothered so much that he wore a wig while he was off base.
Can't complain though. It was all peacetime, and I did get a free education.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom