Best Deco Planners for Android?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any alternative to multideco for Android? I have been using tech deco for a quick look, but it only does 1 dive. Subsurface is great for the PC for multiple dives, but I'm not always around my PC.

I have played with multi deco to an extent. I like it but I don't like the reviews saying there's a lack of support, or that it makes you register again for no reason, or that it's hard to get a hold of the developer. Leaves me uneasy. I also don't like the fact that it's $45 or whatever. iDeco on the iphone does the same thing and it's like $9.... but I don't have a stupid iphone:D

Anything?
Multideco is quite robust and is far and away the best option. I dunno these people saying they had to register again. You can get a new code (easily) if you change devices.

Multideco is quite robust and is far and away the best option. I dunno these people saying they had to register again. You can get a new code (easily) if you change devices.

Is that part automatic? Done through his website? I guess if you're saying it's good then it must be good.

Dammit, that sucks.... everytime you respond to my questions I have to pull my wallet back out:)

Is that part automatic? Done through his website? I guess if you're saying it's good then it must be good.

Dammit, that sucks.... everytime you respond to my questions I have to pull my wallet back out:)
You have to go to the website to get a new key for new devices. IIRC you get up to 5 keys per year on the desktop version and 2 keys per year on the mobile version. This only applies if you need to reinstall it cause you change phones or tablets. It's not automatic.

If you need more keys you can send an email. They sent me a third key due to an OS update.

If you need more keys you can send an email. They sent me a third key due to an OS update.
I guess I'll break down and get MD

Is there any alternative to multideco for Android? I have been using tech deco for a quick look, but it only does 1 dive. Subsurface is great for the PC for multiple dives, but I'm not always around my PC.

Anything?

There is also PocketDeco, which I've downloaded and played with but not used to plan dives. It hasn't been updated for 2 years, so don't know if the developer has just got other things to do, or has abandoned it.

Free version is limited to 30m depth.

DivePlan2 seems to have dropped off the Play Store. The new GUE deco planner is single license for multi downloads, multi platforms as far as I can see, and was written by the same guy, and has a similar look from what I can see. Not cheap though, but may suit if you put it everywhere.

Rich

DivePlan2 seems to have dropped off the Play Store. The new GUE deco planner is single license for multi downloads, multi platforms as far as I can see, and was written by the same guy, and has a similar look from what I can see. Not cheap though, but may suit if you put it everywhere.

Rich
I thought that was riddled with bugs? Yeah?

PocketDeco is $8, and would fit the bill but the developer has dropped off the planet. MultiDeco I guess is it if that's what everyone uses, I just hate the cost... I know I'm cheap:)

After a cursory look, PocketDeco seems OK for metric units, but there were serious issues when running imperial units. Too bad, as it'd be perfect -- cheap, multi-level, and repetitive-dive.

How do you add a second dive to the Subsurface planner? I didn't think it supported a second dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom