Best Deco Planners for Android?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you add a second dive to the Subsurface planner? I didn't think it supported a second dive.
On the PC version I open and before syncing dives I click log > plan dive. I then set the start time to whatever I'd like. If I do a second dive it will automatically add a 1 hr si. You can change the si to be whatever you like, it's just based off the end time of your 1st planned dive (+1hr).

Only PC (and I'm sure Mac), not available on app (at least not android).

I love Subsurface.. I wish the app could plan dives back to back. Hope that helps.

Reading the user manual for the mobile app (Subsurface-mobile v3 user manual | Subsurface), it says it does not have a planner at all (at the end of "Section 0"/Intro). The way I am reading your statement, it sounds like you can plan a single dive - is there a work around for planning a single dive?
I do not use the SS app to plan dives, I do it on a PC. I don't think you can plan even 1 dive in the app on android.

I was just hoping there was a workaround!
You and me both. If SS worked as well on the app as it does the PC I would look no further. I really just use the app as a "bridge" to download dives because my perdix doesn't communicate with my win 7 PC. I'd much rather manipulate dives on a PC than on my phone, but planning would be great on the phone as things change when you're out.

This is off topic, but I feel compelled to mention that the main Subsurface maintainers (being German) are sensitive about using the abbreviation SS for Subsurface. Given the amount of work that they put into a free application that many of us use and love, I think the least we can do is to honor their request and refrain from using that abbreviation.

This is off topic, but I feel compelled to mention that the main Subsurface maintainers (being German) are sensitive about using the abbreviation SS for Subsurface. Given the amount of work that they put into a free application that many of us use and love, I think the least we can do is to honor their request and refrain from using that abbreviation.

Do you have a link for that, I see no mentions of that.

It's been mentioned many times on the Subsurface support mail list. Here is a link from October that includes Robert Helling (one of the more prolific contributors to Subsurface) asking to not use the abbreviation.

And here is a more direct reference from Dirk Hohndel (the primary maintainer).

It was not my intention to point fingers, but rather to let people know that there is a sensitivity there (with good reason.)

It's been mentioned many times on the Subsurface support mail list. Here is a link from October that includes Robert Helling (one of the more prolific contributors to Subsurface) asking to not use the abbreviation.

And here is a more direct reference from Dirk Hohndel (the primary maintainer).

It was not my intention to point fingers, but rather to let people know that there is a sensitivity there (with good reason.)

My suggestion is that they need to take things into their own hand and come up with an official abbreviation. Because in the absense of a direct suggestion people are going to use the most natural abbreviation.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom