Best computer for night diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+1 for the Liquivision X1

Probably the brightest display available and it is always on, which is cost effective because the computer is rechargable, rather than dependant on changing batteries. Both are rare features in diving computers.

Add to that, user selectable and upradeable software/algorythms...and functionality up to, and including, trimix CCR, and it is well future-proofed.

Add to that, small size, easy menu navigation....and....well, it's quite simply the sexiest dive gadget available. Beam me up Scotty! :)

Oh yes....and I really, really want one! :D
image006.jpg
X1_Portrait_Low_Res.jpg

images

Add Liquivision X1 $1399.

Also, some low end computers such as the Mares M1 RGBM used to allow you to have the backlight 'always on'. I'm not sure if any of them still do.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products Inc.

The OLED computers win hands down!

If you want a console then the new Atomic Cobalt is sweet. Easy to use, read, and is feature rich.
Atomic Cobalt Dive computer, 12-0101-3P - Buy at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

If you want wrist (which I prefer) then you need to decide between Shearwater or Liquivision. You will never out dive either of these. Both are easy to use, read and are great quality computers. I dive the X1 and my brother dives the Shearwater, it's personal preference!
Liquivision X1 kit - Buy at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

Predator Dive Computers by Shearwater Researchs - Buy at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47
You would probably go with (OC Diving):
Predator Full Vivid Color OLED OC Trimix Stand Alone (No Fisher Connector) $1099

Feel free to contact me with any questions!

I love my Liquivision. It puts out enough light on medium to see the cave, if you haven't got anything else (a 48 minute lights-out exit during my Full Cave proved that!)

The display on the Uemis is also fabulous in the dark, but I don't like the fact that you can't download your dives without internet access.

they are working on local download capabilities.

it has an amazingly bright display... side by side is brighter than the X1 and OLED Shearwater in my experience (dive the shearwater on the meg). The numbers on the new Gauge mode are actually very large and ridiculously easy to read.

It's almost too bright for night diving on 80% or brighter, and on most settings over 50% if you want to see bioluminescence then you have to cover up your display :wink:

another nice thing is its rechargeable battery life. 2 dives a day for a week before i want to plug it in to the USB or universal (wall) charger.

they are working on local download capabilities.

That and the tank spec input are probably the last 2 hold-outs for me. Well, that and the price :wink: Looking forward to the new update.

Henrik

I love my Liquivision. It puts out enough light on medium to see the cave, if you haven't got anything else (a 48 minute lights-out exit during my Full Cave proved that!)

The display on the Uemis is also fabulous in the dark, but I don't like the fact that you can't download your dives without internet access.

Sounds like the Liquivision is definitely one I forgot to consider and people really like it.

Wonder if they plan on coming out with a color version soon? I have to say the color OLED screens of the Uemis and Shearwater look very nice!

The color screens are pretty, but I'm not at all sure that they add any information. Unless, of course, you like things that turn red when they aren't what they should be :)

I do a fair amount of night diving. While the OLED computers all look really nice, I just can't see spending the money on one, especially if I were a new diver. The money just seems like it'd be better spent of training, boat trips, or other, more essential gear.

Back
Top Bottom