Best Cold Water Wetsuit Brand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dry suit, dry suit, dry suit.

It's just better for cold water, period.

I just picked up a drysuit this winter and I can't say that I disagree with the decision I made to get a wetsuit first but it makes the dives so much more enjoyable. Instead of just surviving a dive I can get comfortably through it and focus on the dive instead of trying to figure out how much longer I have to survive in the water.

I can't speak for the other wetsuits mentioned but I can say don't get Tilos. The arms and legs don't seal up very well. My dive buddy used an Akona Titanium and he stayed much warmer. If I could go back and pick another wetsuit I'd make sure it had plenty of glideskin around the wrists, ankles and neck.

I wear a Bare 7mm Arctic suit, myself. It fits me great, and my favorite dive so far was 30 minutes @ 45 degrees, then a 1-hour SI, and then another hour in the same 45-degree water up in the Puget Sound.

Probably be better to get a drysuit, but I've got something called a wife, a baby on the way, and a budget. :wink: The wetsuit was a good value for the money, and I even got it at LeisurePro with their perfect fit policy. It'll do me for now. Once I get my whole kit together (meaning, my regulators and gauges at this point) then I'll start saving for a drysuit.

Any good diving you've done around Utah that we might not know about? Please, stop by the Rocky Mountain Oyster regional forum and let us know! :)

I like the Pinnacle suits with Merino lining. But like have already said drysuit is the way to go. I just recently went dry and there is no comparison.

I wear a Bare 7mm Arctic suit, myself. It fits me great, and my favorite dive so far was 30 minutes @ 45 degrees, then a 1-hour SI, and then another hour in the same 45-degree water up in the Puget Sound.

Probably be better to get a drysuit, but I've got something called a wife, a baby on the way, and a budget. :wink: The wetsuit was a good value for the money, and I even got it at LeisurePro with their perfect fit policy. It'll do me for now. Once I get my whole kit together (meaning, my regulators and gauges at this point) then I'll start saving for a drysuit.

Any good diving you've done around Utah that we might not know about? Please, stop by the Rocky Mountain Oyster regional forum and let us know! :)

The Bare Arctic that I see on LP appears to have zippered ankles. My tilos has that and it doesn't create a very good seal. Is there glideskin to create a better seal there?

Back
Top Bottom