Best club for nightlife ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is my list of Cozumel Nightlife

Just my opinions!

Clubs

Dubai:
On main street by the water (Melgar?), on the south end of the city.I went there once on a Saturday night. The place was packed! It was almost like a US nightclub with lights and dancing then... karaoke. Whole groups of locals boys and girls would get up and sing Spanish love songs. My 3 man group were the only non Mexicans in the place but everyone was friendly and nice. This place is not a touristy place on Saturday nights. I don't recommend going there if you don't speak any Spanish. I'm 29 and I felt like one of oldest people there. This is not a place for beach wear. The locals were all dressed up. Other days of the week might be different.

1.5 tequila lounge: Across the street from Dubai. Another club like place. Cool atmosphere and a nice view over the water. At night you can see Playa. Went here once on a Satuday night. Almost everyone was Local other than my group (still everyone was cool and fun) Young crowd good music had fun!

Simpsons Bar: Right off the Square. This place wasn't for me. Loud and dark. I think it does get packed but when I was there it was pretty empty.

Bars

Wet Wendy's: In the Square. Good food, I hear the drinks are amazing, I usually drink beer. Great staff. I'm usually here most nights of the week when I'm staying in town. Not a club but music some nights of the week. Great overall place!

Cuban place off the square (El Mojito ??): Stop in for a mojito usual once a trip. Nice place. Good Mojitos, smoke a cigar if you want. The owner is usually behind the bar, nice guy.

Woody's: In the square. Not a bad place to get a drink. Almost like a local bar in the US. I don't think they ever get too busy at night so not really much of a night place.

French Quarter: Tends to get busy depending on the time of year. Monday night football can be found here so its often got a good crowd. Haven't eaten here so I can't comment.

Lots of small local places if you walk into town a few blocks. I've been to a bunch and never had any problems but might not be good for a first timer to Mexico unless you know some Spanish

Cantina's are awesome. But you really need to know some locals to have fun at a place like this.

Random Nightlife ideas:

Los Otates at 2am. Great tacos, usually busy with locals on Saturday evenings. My favorite tacos (gringas) in the world.

Sitting on the ocean wall: people watching. Sit there when Mexico wins a soccer "football" game. Interesting!

Night Diving: No need to explain.

The Square: Never a bad idea to take a walk through and see whats going on. Fire dancing, Live music, Little old ladies selling baked goods is never a bad thing.

Walk to 30th (6 blocks from the water) Great places to eat. Too many to list. You need to know some Spanish. (at least know how to order food)

Cozumel is not a nightlife destination, Nightlife can be found but you really need to know where to look. If you have any questions let me know.

1.5 has been closed for quite awhile. It is now called El Muellecito - open for lunch and dinner and is a sports bar atmosphere - I think they are open late.

Nope, he had left a different club that is no longer open and it happened in front of Chedraui at 4am - they were watching him and followed him away from the club. It was a hit - not a random murder - and he was not from here.

There was another Club Dubai? Can't find the original Por Esto I read but this sums it up. Or here. He also had a lousy nickname.

There was another Club Dubai? Can't find the original Por Esto I read but this sums it up. Or here. He also had a lousy nickname.

Does it really matter WHICH club he left? 1.5 is where he left - maybe he was at Dubai earlier in the night - they were a block from each other - does it really matter? But I guess because it's in the local paper it MUST be factually correct.

The gunfire happened away from both places, in front of Chedraui - sorry, I am not going to take the time to look up proof - I just know that is where it happened.

Doesn't matter to me. I didn't beat the confession outta the gunmen nor can I party late enough to even have a chance of witnessing any of it, I just remembered reading the accounts of the interrogations. As I guess did Darol.... (not to say Darol can't party to 4 am. Maybe he can..... )

Party till 4am, a heavy price to pay the next day, back in the day I could.... :D

It's not really that important, I just remember it going down. :gun:

Party till 4am, a heavy price to pay the next day, back in the day I could.... :D

It's not really that important, I just remember it going down. :gun:

Hahaha.... a Heavy price too pay for the next 2 days more like it....:w-t-f:

So stopping on the way home and shooting the bull with Mateo over the bar at OHana ISN'T nightlife?

Well, that's more like the "Afterglow", or like we usually call it.... "One for the ditch" drink, than actual "Nightlife". Mind you though, it is on our nightly round though!

BEST night life on Cozumel is underwater, on a night dive!

sorry, but I can sit at home and drink adult beverages.... I go to Cozumel to do things I can't do at home.

robin

I am getting up to train at the time these guys are leaving the bars - haha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom