best choice for resort course in Grand Cayman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You could also look into doing a Discover Scuba at home, then if you like that and can fit it in consider doing the class before Cayman and the referral dives when you're there. It depends what you're trying to get out of an intro. At home it's likely to be a pool experience that gives you a chance to learn a few basic things and get to breath UW, but not a chance to dive in warm water with pretty fish. So are you trying to just figure out if you're ok getting UW, or wanting to be lured into the sport by the critters.

My husband talked to the owner of the dive shop where he gets his equipment serviced and the owner said he'd let me get in the pool before we go to see if I do okay with breathing UW. If that goes well, I still plan on doing the Discover course in Grand Cayman to see how well I do with a shallow reef dive. I don't have time to start the certification before we go, but if all goes well, I'll have plenty of time to get certified before Bonaire next year. I've decided to go with Living the Dream Divers since they do their AM course earlier than most other dive shops.

how you like this weather we are having?! goodness, makes for low viability and darkness under the sea.
we moor in front of public beach, as you can imagine with the serge we had to cancel this mornings dives.

but tomorrow is looking better, we are doing smith wall in the am if you'd like to come out just give us a call 345-325-3103 or take a look at our rates on the web site grand cayman diving or http://www.jjdivers.com/our-rates.html

hope to see you soon!

Seven Mile beach ... which shop do you work with Jeremy?

Where exactly did you say your shop was? We have several boats off public beach...can't say we've ever seen you around.

This is an interesting development with a dead thread. Looks like someone bought a boat opened shop joined sb and started talking to himself. Jj diver and Jeremy diver.. Hmmm?

Back
Top Bottom