Best Bangka Dive resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll see me soon enough barring some as yet unknown circumstance. I'm sure hoping I can come back speaking well of the food.

Luko, I was there last February and was shown lots of pygmy seahorses including the more rare pontohy<-- on more than one occasion, so just not sure what that's all about wih your friends.
On my part, I have always seen pygmies in Bangka..., so many that I don't know whether I'd call Pontohis a rare specie anymore.

This is not the issue, there are plenty of pygmies in Bangka when you are diving the sites where they are located, What happened is that they weren't brought to the sites I mentioned, simple as that.

Yes, Luko, incredible numbers of barbeganti but not so many
pontohi.

Come on now Luko, you know how Aswar is. He'd have shown your friends what they wanted to see or at the very least explained why not.

Perhaps you need to return to check up on this resort yourself. :p :D

Perhaps you need to return to check up on this resort yourself. :p :D
No problem : bring down the prices.. Currently.I would be paying more than 300EUR per day with my non diving wife, that's what I would spend in R4 and 20% more than Alor... come on....

I would be paying more than 300EUR per day with my non diving wife
Hi Luko, not sure where you got this price. In Euro room double occupancy is 144.00 Euro. 2 dives on air 78.00 Euro. Total 222.00 Euro.
Based on 3 dives per day Nitrox: Room: 144 + 125 (3 nitox/ day) = 269.00 EURO.
I'm sure as a repeater you would also get your discount. If you don't, let me know and I personally make sure you do!

Happy Bubbles

Olivier

62473:
No problem : bring down the prices.. Currently.I would be paying more than 300EUR per day with my non diving wife, that's what I would spend in R4 and 20% more than Alor... come on....
Luko, that is significantly higher than the quote I recently recieved. That said, I don't have a significant other, diver or not. So, my quote is based on solo traveler/diver price. It's very similar to what I paid last year but I've no experience with rates for years prior. It's definitely not in R4 range or yes, I'd be going to R4 instead.

Here's a reason to go to Bangka: someone (wife of owner) actually doing something about the trash.
Thanks for sharing that Bill. Indeed, this was a few weeks ago. We did start with replanting the mangroves by the old mining site. As the article shows, it is not just Murex, but all resorts and locals are joined in together.
Have a great New Years Eve and say hello to the misses!
Regards
Olivier

Wanted to mention that, although we were not happy with several things on Murex Bangka when we were there a few months ago (as mentioned in my first post) we were shown the newer accommodations just before we left - based on a quick look, they were significantly better IMHO.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

- Bill

Wanted to mention that, although we were not happy with several things on Murex Bangka when we were there a few months ago (as mentioned in my first post) we were shown the newer accommodations just before we left - based on a quick look, they were significantly better IMHO.

Just wanted to get that on the record.

- Bill
Again, thanks for that. I rememebr on the time you arrived, me and my wife were on leave. All the new bungalows were fully booked. We did showed you one on the 3rd or 4th, just before you checked out. As I also tried to point earlier, indeed some guest prefer the newer buildings rather then the wooden Bungalows.
I'm happy to tell you that for 2017, the 24 hours electricty is in the planning.
Happy Bubbles

Olivier

Back
Top Bottom