best apeks for cave (routing)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for the site. thats is a great price. i wonder why LDS said no. oh well. at least i know where to get it now. thanks guys

...and another LDS loses a customer.

The irony is he tried to buy from them first and they weren't interested in selling him the regulator...

With high pressure tanks I can't imagine diving anything other than DIN. It just wouldn't be safe.

TIMOTHY M LEIGHTON
E-mail Address(es):
customer_service@divetheabyss.com
Business Information:
Office: 702 8764923
Company: dive the abyss /tmmcon
Address:
1306 West Craig Rd.
Suie E387
North Las Vegas Nevada 89032
Fax: 702 649 8057

Here's another link for good prices on Apeks, and he will part out as well. No "package deals if you dont want them.

Is that a mail order link? No warranty if you do mail order.

Al Mialkovsky:
Is that a mail order link? No warranty if you do mail order.

It is, but to honest with you, I never found need for a warranty on them. And for the money I save.....You know, same old story.

merkin:
diveright - you can order an ATX50 off dive inn for ~ $180 - just google it...

Yes, I ordered one of these from them about 2 months ago when they were even cheaper and got it quite fast. However, about a month ago I ordered another and they've been unavailable from the manufacturer since. My information is the new XTX's are way behind in production making the ATX behind as well. The TX's are supposedly no longer available.

Does anyone know who has these in stock at a good price???

Thanks,
Dave

merkin:
I know I could get a lecture but I'm just not convinced DIN is that much better. It's a big decision because.

Here's another reason for the DIN. In a cave, if you bump a reg like you did on the dive boat, do you want to risk popping an o-ring? DIN captures that O-ring.

Another reason, most manifolds today are DIN. Some 200 bar have yoke adapters but not the 300 bar.

What does capturing on O-rign mean? If your O-ring splits in a DIN or K-valuve, isn't that the end of your gas supply from that cylinder no matter what. Has anyone ever experienced "capture of an O-ring" and how did DIN help?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom