Best Airline Milage Card???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Chase Mastercaed which is linked to their Travel Rewards program. There is a cost for the progam $29/yr I believe but there are no blackouts and you can get a ticket on any major airline. The way it works is you find a seat on an airline then call travel rewards and they get you that ticket. 25000 miles will purchase any ricket up to a $600 value. If it's above that price you pay the difference. There are other mileage options but I don't remember them at the moment.

catherine96821:
ugh...so confusing!

when did AmX go to 2 dollars = 1 mile?

I wonder if their cars vary, because I think mine is 1:1 and it was just dropped, as it was 2 miles for every dollar. (Rewards Card)

I think you may be right. When I went to the website to double check myself, I was seeing 2000 points for 1000 miles, but checking again as I'm logged in, I'm seeing 1000 points for 1000 miles.

I believe there are multiple Membership Rewards programs... A normal Membership Rewards and a "Membership Rewards Options", which required double the points. I'm getting the impression from doing a little searching they may have shut down the Options program and merged it into the main MR program; the Amex website has never been clear on the distinction, nor which card is eligable for which program. :confused:

I like Amex in general, which is why I kept them after they dropped my primary airline (US Airways) last year, something I discovered after the fact so I couldn't shift my points over to the program. But it's really a secondary card for me these days, and I may cancel it this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom